Apeer Professional represents a new and better way for us to communicate and collaborate with one another by eliminating the delay and delivery problems we were experiencing with traditional mail or e-mail service. Not only is it a powerful tool in terms of saving time, it's simple to use. It's IM on steroids.
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) October 23, 2008
Apeer Inc. today announced the public availability of Apeer Professional, the world's first all-in-one group communication and collaboration application for digital media.
Apeer Professional is a new and unique vehicle for communicating with employees, customers, business partners, suppliers, vendors and other constituents by enabling synchronous and instant multi-user, participatory exchanges where all parties can simultaneously view photos, hear music, and see videos in real time over the internet - all in one window. Apeer also provides conversational tools with built-in voice and chat for a robust interactive experience.
Companies or individuals can download Apeer Professional from http://www.Apeer.com for unlimited use at no cost for the first 14 days. After the trial period, the cost of the application is as little as $14.95/month per user, or less with an annual license.
As a testament to the value Apeer brings to enterprise customers, BBDO Atlanta, which is part of BBDO Worldwide, a global agency network with 287 offices in 79 countries, has transitioned from beta client to licensee of Apeer Professional. According to Russ Stanton, VP Business and Technology Solutions, BBDO Atlanta, "Apeer Professional represents a new and better way for us to communicate and collaborate with one another by eliminating the delay and delivery problems we were experiencing with traditional mail or e-mail service. Not only is it a powerful tool in terms of saving time, it's simple to use. It's IM on steroids."
Examples of Use:
- A designer in Austin shows comps to a client in San Francisco, and gets immediate feedback on the graphic design for a website.
- An advertising agency in Atlanta shares images between art directors and designers for approval on iterative retouching work on product photos for a campaign.
- A video producer in Los Angeles plays a video clip to for client in Chicago, allowing the client to pause and replay the video,, and gets the client's written approval using in the Instant Messaging window.
Communication and collaboration industry analysts offer the following commentary regarding Apeer for the enterprise:
"To paraphrase Abraham Lincoln, any person who works alone when developing a product or making an important business decision has a fool for a partner. Making informed business decisions means getting internal and external team members on the same page without delays," said Mark Levitt, VP for Collaboration and Enterprise 2.0 Strategies at IDC. "Apeer is designed to enable effective real-time sharing of images and other media files for geographically dispersed teams."
"As companies move to an increasingly virtual workplace, they need technology that supports collaboration among employees regardless of where they're located," said Melanie Turek, Principal Analyst, Frost & Sullivan. "Real-time applications that let people share and mark-up digital media files can speed times to market, drive productivity, and quite literally change the way people work. The Apeer service launches in a heartbeat, and it's so lightweight it should work over any connection, anywhere."
How it Works:
- Simply drag-and-drop a media file into the Apeer application from any folder on a computer or network and that file will automatically be sent to every other person in the Apeer session.
- The images instantly appear for everyone - and anyone in the session can move, scale and interact with the files. Apeer has simple tools for zooming and mark-up, and the marked-up images can be saved using the screen grab utility.
- Anyone in the session can also add video and audio files, and everyone has the ability to play, pause, rewind and control the media.
About Apeer Inc.
Apeer Inc. services enterprise customers through direct sales, offers Apeer Professional to small and medium businesses through Apeer.com and is actively pursuing integration opportunities. Apeer adds real time audio and visual media interactivity to existing user communities.
By facilitating sharing and direct transfer of files, Apeer Professional creates personal and spontaneous connections that improve communications and helps build consensus and forge relationships through advanced collaboration.
The idea of creating a simple, useful way for people to experience "instant media" is a reality. Apeer provides a place in which people can connect with audio and visual media in new and exciting ways. For additional information, visit http://www.Apeer.com.