Transaction profiling is a powerful dimension of application performance monitoring, but it hasn't always been the easiest technology to deploy. A no-touch, network-based transaction profiling approach overcomes some of these barriers...
Vancouver, Canada (PRWEB) December 05, 2011
INETCO Systems Ltd., a leading provider of transaction-level monitoring solutions for the payment processing industry, today announced their entry into the mainstream application performance monitoring (APM) space with the release of INETCO Insight 5. INETCO Insight 5 is the first APM solution to eliminate transaction blind spots across on-premise, third party, virtual and cloud-based applications - without agents, code changes, or transaction tagging.
INETCO Insight has already become the de facto transaction-level monitoring solution within the complex, high-volume payment processing industry. The release of INETCO Insight 5 makes it possible to extend the following proven benefits to IT operations and applications support teams across all industries:
- Easily manage the performance of all critical service applications and networks
- Deliver continuous interoperability between multiple applications in a cost effective manner
- Speed up the isolation of root cause issues impacting the end user experience, anywhere along a transaction path
"Transaction profiling is a powerful dimension of application performance monitoring, but it hasn't always been the easiest technology to deploy and configure due to its overhead and complexity when dealing with multi-tiered applications," says Jonah Kowall, Research Director at Gartner Inc. and co-author of the Application Performance Monitoring (APM) Magic Quadrant. "A no-touch, network-based transaction profiling approach overcomes some of these barriers, making transaction performance more easily accessible to a broader base of organizations."
Over the past few years, there has been a renewed interest in application performance monitoring. IT operations are paying more attention to customer-centric performance metrics. They need solutions that can provide a holistic view into the performance of all their critical applications, outsourced services, cloud-based infrastructures, and growing portfolio of transaction profiles. Gartner estimates that, in 2011, approximately $2 billion will be spent globally on APM licenses and first-year maintenance contracts. This represents a 15% increase, compared with the $1.7 billion spent on this technology in 2010, which, in turn, grew by about 10% over the global spend in 2009. (Taken from the APM Magic Quadrant report released on September 19th, 2011)
“Transaction monitoring has always had the ability to make IT smarter,” says Bijan Sanii, CEO of INETCO. “But, the complexity and ongoing cost of the technology has prevented the vast majority of enterprises from adopting this critical dimension of APM. The INETCO Insight 5 approach to transaction profiling is affordable to deploy and maintain, yet it handles extremely high transaction volumes. Coupled with the multilayered transaction model at the core of INETCO Insight 5, the product makes it extremely easy for IT organizations to readily understand how business processes unfold across diverse application and infrastructure components.”
Features unique to INETCO Insight 5 include:
- Agentless transaction profiling across layers 2-7 – INETCO Insight 5 exposes the roots of every business transaction, correlating network response times and payload information across multiple application services within on-premise, third party, virtual and cloud-based infrastructures. Unlike heavy, agent-based APM solutions, INETCO Insight 5 captures this intelligence at the network level, without agents, transaction tagging or code changes.
- Performance visibility across multiple application services – INETCO Insight 5 can monitor end-to-end transaction paths made up of distributed and enterprise networks, third party services, cloud-based and mobile infrastructures. The correlation engine within INETCO Insight 5 captures and displays a unified view of all the application protocols, message types, inter-communication details and network response times that make up a transaction.
- Extensive libraries of standard and proprietary protocol decoding – INETCO Insight 5 features expandable protocol libraries that make it easy to continuously scale transaction monitoring capabilities. They include a wide range of business messaging protocols, including those based on open standards like XML, HTTP, and AMQP 1.0 and proprietary protocols such as ISO 8583, Visa 2, and MS SQL. New formats can be created and existing formats customized quickly to meet unique requirements.
INETCO was positioned by Gartner, Inc. in the Challenger’s quadrant of the Application Performance Monitoring (APM) Magic Quadrant released on September 19th, 2011. INETCO, along with customer Moneris Solutions, will be presenting at the Gartner Data Center Conference in Las Vegas on Tuesday, December 6th, from 7:40-8:00PM in the Forum Ballroom, Show Floor Theater. For more details, on this presentation, stop by Booth #58, or go to: How Transaction Profiling Helped Moneris Solutions Improve Customer Service Reliability
About the Magic Quadrant
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in our research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
INETCO Systems Limited provides business transaction management software and communications gateway products for monitoring transactions and optimizing application performance within complex transaction environments. INETCO Insight is a light-weight solution that helps C-level executives, line of business, and IT operations improve customer service reliability and operational efficiency by capturing the granular transaction intelligence and real-time performance metrics needed to speed up the isolation of issues impacting transaction performance. INETCO solutions are currently deployed by a number of fortune 500 technology companies, payment processors, banks, retailers and telecommunications companies, in over 50 different countries. Read the INETCO business transaction management blog at: http://www.inetco.com/blog
For more information, contact:
Tier 1 Public Relations for INETCO Systems Ltd.
INETCO, INETCO Insight, the INETCO logo, and the INETCO Insight logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of INETCO Systems Ltd. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.