Cupertino, CA (PRWEB) December 17, 2015
As almost every parent has experienced, telling young children to “finish playing in 10 minutes” or there are “only 5 more minutes until bedtime” can be frustrating for everyone. While parents might feel their children are uncooperative, the concept of time itself is too abstract for young children to understand. Fortunately, this obstacle can be effectively and enjoyably overcome thanks to the recently updated app Kid-Do Timeline.
Developed by Gepemat LLC and available for Android, iPhone and now iPad, Kid-Do Timeline is a groundbreaking app that displays the passing of time in a child-friendly way. Horizontal bars of color – “Activity Timelines” – move from right to left across the screen, simply illustrating time passing as children fulfill given activities and routines. Caregivers can easily set up daily and weekly routines on the timeline with pre-programmed activities represented by colorful and easy-to-identify illustrations. Activities include daily such tasks as “brush your teeth” or “put your shoes on”.
Kid-Do allows kids to easily see, understand and appreciate:
- All of their upcoming activities, which are clearly lined up end-to-end.
- How much time has progressed for each activity.
- How much time remains for each activity.
- How much time remains until the end of a routine.
- When a routine is complete.
What’s more, each Activity Timeline is set against appealing landscapes and cozy rooms, which change as time unfolds. This creates a warm and engaging experience for children, who naturally learn better and faster as they are enjoying themselves. Daily tasks that kids usually avoid become a game they are eager to participate in. The latest version of Kid-Do Timeline now includes exceptional sound as well, which enhances the overall experience and adds to the fun.
Other Kid-Do Timeline special features include:
- The option for children to swipe their screen and see the next activity – which is a potent source of motivation to usher them through tasks they don’t enjoy.
- Over 50 built-in activities to hoose from in 5 categories: “meals,” “getting ready," “bathroom/washing up,” “bedtime,” and “other activities.”
- The option to create an unlimited number of custom activities outside the array of preprogrammed choices.
- The option to pre-set run days and times and receive notifications before routines begin.
- A “quick routine” feature that’s ideal for spontaneous or unplanned activities.
- The option to pause or rearrange activities.
- No ads or in-app purchases of any kind.
“We’re parents with small children, and we developed the Kid-Do Timeline for our kids, because we saw them struggle to manage their time,” commented the app’s creators. “Whether getting them through their morning routines or sending them off to sleep, the Kid-Do Timeline helps make schedules and routines accessible and fun for kids, and helps them understand that the less time they waste now, means more time doing what they like later!”
In addition to assisting younger children in understanding time, the timeline is also effective for other children who struggle to manage time, stay focused on the task at hand, and/or stick to routines.
Kid-Do Timeline, the groundbreaking activity routine assistant for parents that is now updated with sound, is available for iPhone and iPad from the App Store at https://itunes.apple.com/app/kids-activities-kid-do-timeline/id730188730, and for Android devices from Google Play at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.app.kiddotimeline&hl=en.
For additional information including helpful usage tips and suggestions, visit http://kid-do.net.
Gepemat LLC is a provider of technology-based solutions for parents, committed to empowering parents and children with smart, interactive tools. Founded in 2013, Gepemat LLC is run by a husband and wife team. They have three children, ages eight, six and three.