While we were hoping for a positive reaction when we launched Maps Pro – Google Maps Edition, we were really amazed at the incredible level of excitement from iPad
users around the world!
Cupertino, CA (PRWEB) May 31, 2013
Version 1.1 of WildPalm Ltd.’s Maps Pro – Google Maps Edition, which is the #1 selling Navigation Category iPad app in 35 countries, is now available in the App Store and features several major user-requested enhancements and upgrades.
Maps Pro – Google Maps Edition, which initially launched in April 2013, has been hailed by users and reviewers around the world as the “missing Google Maps app” for the iPad.
The popular app features:
- full high-resolution zoom-able quality maps that are optimized for the Retina display and feature 3D buildings
- customisable maps that can be enhanced with stickers, arrows, drawings and hand-drawn messages, in order to let users explore their creativity
- the option to easily share of maps with friends, business contacts or anyone else
- helpful directions for driving, cycling and walking
- the ability to easily add bookmarks and categorise favourite places
- the option to import bookmarks for all contacts with an address
Now in version 1.1, users can take advantage of:
- a place search feature to find and map destinations in over 50 categories, allowing users to easily find parking places, restaurants, hotels and more
- detailed place information with photos, reviews and contact details
- integrated Skype support for calling directly from the iPad
- full screen 360° panoramic street views, which can be shown from any bookmark or place
- local public transit system directions, including full departure and arrival times for each stop
- current traffic information displayed directly on each map
- bookmark searching to easily find favourites by name or address
- distances in either kilometres or miles
- improved direction route information for longer distances
“While we were hoping for a positive reaction when we launched Maps Pro – Google Maps Edition, we were really amazed at the incredible level of excitement from iPad users around the world!” commented Nigel Grange of WildPalm Ltd. “And it’s thanks to their great feedback and suggestions that we’ve launched version 1.1. This is our first major upgrade, and we think that both our existing and new users will be impressed.”
Maps Pro – Google Maps Edition 1.1, which is widely hailed as the missing Google Maps app for iPad, is available now in the App Store at https://itunes.apple.com/app/maps-pro-google-maps-edition/id630864653 and requires iOS 6.0 or later. A FAQ, screenshots and other information are available at http://www.mapsproapp.com/.
For more information or media inquiries, contact Mark Johnson on behalf of WildPalm Ltd. at +1 408 757 0156 or press(at)appshout(dot)com.
About WildPalm Ltd.
WildPalm is the home of quality software for iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad. The company’s roster of leading solutions includes: Maps Pro – Google Maps Edition, Pumpkin Head, Video DS - Dualscreen Video Player , Hear This!, Badger Face, Facebook PhotoStream, Camera FX, Camera FX Lite, Football FacePaint Live - 2010 Edition, Sync Browser - Firefox Bookmark Sync, Easy PDF, Fractal HD, iSearch and Fractal Touch.
Learn more at http://www.wildpalm.co.uk/.