Bohemia, NY (PRWEB) June 04, 2013
On June 4, NewVo Beauty, an online beauty supply store and argan oil retailer, offers solutions to combat dull hair following an article that shares the top reasons why an individual’s hair care routine may not be resulting in shiny hair.
According to an article by Mail Online, no matter what type of hair an individual may have, keeping healthy and shiny hair is important to hair health. Stylist Stephen Low tells Mail Online, “When your hair shines, your colour looks brighter and your style has more body. Nobody wants to run their fingers through dull locks.”
The article shares reasons why hair may be looking dull, and what individuals can do to combat this problem.
- Chemicals in water - Your shower may be doing more damage than good. “Mineral deposits such as iron, calcium and magnesium from hard water leave a fine scale on your hair,” according to the article. Use a shampoo that can dissolve these harsh minerals.
- Blow drying - Make sure to towel dry hair as much as possible before using a blow dryer. “Styling damp hair can boil each strand from within as the hot air causes water inside the shaft to heat and expand,” says the article. NewVo Beauty representative Sara Greenstone recommends being extremely careful when operating heated styling tools. “A blow dryer can be very damaging if not used correctly. Make sure to use a lower heat setting and keep it a good distance from your hair to prevent burning.”
- Styling tool temperature - Using flat irons on a low heat setting is beneficial for those who have thin hair. However, if using tools on a low heat causes you to repeatedly go over your hair, you are damaging it. Try to find the optimal heat setting for your hair.
- Conditioning - Make sure to condition all of your hair - don’t just apply it to the roots and top layer. “Try and let conditioner sit on your head for a while,” says Greenstone. “Shampoo and then condition your hair right when you get in the shower. Let the conditioner sit and moisturize your hair. Just make sure to wash it off thoroughly.”
- Shine Sprays - Shine sprays work best when they are used in minimal amounts. Don’t use too much on your hair, especially if it is thin.
“Healthy and shiny hair will never go out of style,” says Greenstone. “Try using products like argan oil to help achieve healthy, strong and shiny hair.”
NewVo Beauty sells over 5,000 professional beauty salon products. Committed to providing quality, hard-to-find premium products and great service, NewVo Beauty offers high-demand salon merchandise at affordable prices. They’re available 24/7 to answer any queries to ensure customers have a great buying experience.