The art of lounging begins with feeling comfortable
New Canaan, CT (PRWEB) September 30, 2008
The Pajama Company, an online leader in pajamas, sleepwear and other comfortable clothing, is pleased to offer top tips for successful lounging. Owner Ellie Badanes is uniquely qualified as an expert in the field as owner, operator and chief buyer for The Pajama Company, which specializes in loungewear.
"The art of lounging begins with feeling comfortable," says owner Ellie Badanes, "and for me, that means putting on pajamas. I'm happiest when I'm wearing pajamas, in fact I founded my company on the basic principle that 'Life is pretty darn good when you're wearing your favorite pajamas!'"
Lounging, according to Badanes, is simply plopping down in a comfortable place and not leaving it. There is a little preparation required for this ultimate lounging experience. Here are the basics:
1) Clearing out the calendar to allow time and space
2) Any of the following pieces of furniture: a comfy chair, a soft rug with pillow, a bed with stacks of pillows, a sofa that fits just right, or, a lounge chair, hammock, or blanket for lounging outdoors
3) Just the right lighting: soft or dim for TV/DVD watching or music listening, stronger for reading.
4) Special things such as candles, flowers, TV, music, books, newspapers, magazines, laptop, DVD's, phone, iPod and of course, the remotes
5) Food and drink are also very important, but it must be accessible. Remember a very important rule of lounging is: No Getting Up!
6) Comfortable clothing: be it sweat pants, boxers, robes, footed pajamas, nightshirts, workout shorts, swimwear, oversized shirts or nothing at all -- comfort is key
Perfect lounging, Badanes says, might be lying on the sofa with eyes closed, clearing out the cobwebs of the day or tapping into a creative place where great ideas brew. Lounging can also be a shared activity. Perfect family moments can happen while lounging. A family TV or movie "Pajama Day" definitely qualifies as a lounging event.
The Pajama Company can help wanna-be loungers get started on the right foot. To view the company's great selection of pajamas, robes, slippers, boxers, and nightshirts, in a variety of soft fabrics and fun prints, please visit http://www.ThePajamaCompany.com.