RPM is that solution for our customers. The technology offers highly effective control which has the potential to combine natural compounds that will result in a true organic product.
Cary, NC (Vocus) October 22, 2009
Arysta LifeScience North America announced today the introduction of new technology that provides an Eco-Responsive™ approach to insect control. Responsive Pest Management™ Technology (RPM™) is the process of combining organic compounds with or without synthetic insecticides. In combination with synthetic insecticides, the resulting synergy yields a greater level of control than the active ingredients used independently.
RPM Technology is based on the identification of specific natural compounds that interfere with targeted neurological and olfactory receptors of the insect. When RPM Technology compounds come in contact with the sensors, a chain reaction is triggered that repels or kills the insect.
The combination of natural compounds with a synthetic insecticide provides a number agronomic and environmental benefits including:
- Superior control: a new method of control that has been proved effective in numerous field tests.
- Synergy: When a low rate of a synthetic insecticide is combined with RPM Technology, the performance increases dramatically.
- Eco-Responsive: The natural compounds used in RPM Technology are plant-based and when used alone result in an organic product. When natural and synthetic ingredients are combined highly effective control is achieved at significantly reduced rates.
- Safety: None of the specifically targeted insect receptors can be found in humans or animals, which enhances worker safety. The Environmental Protection Agency classifies this technology as Category IV.
- Resistance management: Because it doesn't work like a conventional insecticide, RPM Technology helps break the cycle of resistance.
"Our customers have requested insecticides that provide the high level of control expected with conventional insecticides while expanding spectrum with new technologies," says Marty Wiglesworth, Product Manager, Arysta LifeScience North America. "RPM is that solution for our customers. The technology offers highly effective control which has the potential to combine natural compounds that will result in a true organic product."
About Arysta LifeScience Corporation
Headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, Arysta LifeScience is the world's largest privately held crop protection and life science company with 2008 revenues of JPY134 billion (US$1.3 billion). An entrepreneurial provider of crop protection and life science products in more than 125 countries worldwide, Arysta LifeScience specializes in marketing and distribution of respected crop protection brands and life science products in harmony with the needs of global partners. More information on the company is available at: http://www.arystalifescience.com.
# # #