“V-Ray has officially entered the native Mac environment. In addition to improving the plug-in, this new version provides a much-needed boost in speed performance.
Baltimore, MD (Vocus) December 16, 2009
ASGVIS, providing innovative visualization software and services to create photorealistic 3D images and animations, today announced pre-orders for the new V-Ray for SketchUp would officially begin. This product, previously available only for the PC, is now also compatible with the MAC OS.
Building on previous versions, the new V-Ray for SketchUp adds ambient occlusion, IES lights and spotlights, new material layer arrangement, faster parsing times and much more on both the PC and the MAC OS versions. 3D designers – including architects, and interior, landscape, and industrial designers – will use the new release to create higher quality photorealistic renderings even faster.
“V-Ray has officially entered the native Mac environment,” said ASGVIS CEO Corey Rubadue. “In addition to improving the plug-in, this new version provides a much-needed boost in speed performance. ASGVIS is excited for the countless SketchUp users who work on Macintosh computers and have been asking for a version of V-Ray developed specifically for use with their systems.”
V-Ray for SketchUp will include all the great features from the previous version, in addition to some exciting new upgrades:
- New -- More Shader Types (great for metal textures!)
- New -- More than 10 new Procedural Textures, including Dirt (for more realistic renderings!)
- New -- Lights now have the ability to add IES profiles (for Light Accuracy)
- New -- Material can now be layered better
- New -- Faster Scene Processing Times
- New -- Support for SketchUp Transparency and Alpha Transparency
In addition to all the other great V-Ray features, including:
- True reflections and refractions
- Glossy reflections and refractions
- Global Illumination allows for photorealistic lighting
- Soft Shadows support
- True HDRI support
- Fully multithreaded raytracing engine
- Native SketchUp materials supported and integrated into V-Ray Materials
- Material Editor with Material Preview
- Sun and Sky system
- Physical Camera
- Depth-Of-Field camera effects.
- Distributed Rendering allowing a single image to be process over up to 10 machines
- Per Material GI, Background, Reflection, and Refraction
- V-Ray Two-Sided Material for easy creation of thin translucency
- Animation Support
“We look forward to bringing the power of V-Ray to both PC and MAC OS users,” said ASGVIS Lead Programmer, Joe Bacigalupa. “Our plan was always to make this product available to everyone regardless of their system, and we can’t wait to wow users with what we have planned for the future.”
As a special bonus to V-Ray fans, ASGVIS will make V-Ray for SketchUp available from December 11th to December 18th, for only $599.00 USD ($200.00 off the normal price). Between December 18th and the final release date, the product will retail for $699.00 ($100.00 off the normal price). After launch the product will revert to the normal suggested retail price of $799.00 USD. ASGVIS will also make its other V-Ray product, V-Ray for Rhino, available for the same prices as V-Ray for SketchUp during this special offer.
For more information on ASGVIS, V-Ray for SketchUp or V-Ray for Rhino, please contact us at 410-468-0777 or marketing(at)asgvis(dot)com.