Ashworth is committed to providing pathways to successful healthcare careers with programs that meet the demands of today’s evolving medical field.
Peachtree Corners, Georgia (PRWEB) November 03, 2012
The demand for qualified entry level healthcare administrators is expected to grow in the coming years – according to the Department of Labor Statistics, as much as 31%. With the launch of five new online healthcare certificates, Ashworth College is ready to provide students with the skills needed to meet this demand.
Dr. Leslie Gargiulo, Chief Academic Officer for Ashworth College (http://www.ashworthcollege.edu/), explained that the new certificates are ideal as a foundation program or to supplement previous training. “To meet the market demand, Ashworth is now able to offer introductory programs that will academically challenge students according to their needs and career goals.”
Developed primarily for those who looking to enter the medical and healthcare field, the new certificate programs were developed to provide comprehensive programs in Medical Billing, Medical Office Assisting (both administrative and clinical), Medical Terminology and Medical Transcription Fundamentals.
“Whether a student is looking for an introduction to the profession, a full college degree, or to supplement previous education or on-the-job career training, Ashworth is committed to providing pathways to successful healthcare careers with programs that meet the demands of today’s evolving medical field,” Dr. Gargiulo added.
Ashworth’s Healthcare Career Certificates
Ashworth College’s healthcare certificates each begin with Ashworth’s popular Introduction to Study Skills module, followed by a range of online lessons that are easy to follow, yet challenging and applicable in the real world. Each lesson includes learning objectives, lecture notes, review questions, multiple-choice exams and written assignments. Specifically:
- Medical Billing: Eleven detailed lessons give students a glimpse into the world of medical billing, where various classification systems are used to code and categorize patient information for insurance reimbursement purposes.
- Medical Office Assisting – Administrative Procedures: In a medical office career, competent administrators are needed to organize and manage medical information and staff in the healthcare industry. The role of these administrators is outlined in 11 comprehensive lessons.
- Medical Office Assisting - Clinical: Students will walk away with a clear overview of the role medical office assistants play in the offices of physicians, podiatrists, chiropractors and other health practitioners. While their duties vary with the location, specialty, and size of the practice, the basic career responsibilities are covered in these 11 informative lessons.
- Medical Terminology: Appropriate terminology is the foundation for any medical or healthcare career – essential when communicating with doctors and other healthcare professionals. We’ll cover the essentials in 10 comprehensive lessons.
- Medical Transcription Fundamentals: This eight lesson certificate program is an introduction to an essential component in every medical facility where medical transcriptionists listen to voice recordings that physicians and other health professionals make and convert them into written reports.
As a leading online school, Ashworth builds its programs to fit a student’s budget as well as personal and career goals. Students have the flexibility to start the program at any time and study at their own pace -- extremely conducive to the working professional’s schedule.
About Ashworth College
Celebrating 25 years of Educating Minds and Changing Lives, leading online school Ashworth College has built a tradition of excellence by offering students worldwide an extensive range of online college degrees, online certificate programs, career training and online high school diploma options that are affordable and fit the busy schedules of working adults. Headquartered in Peachtree Corners, GA. Ashworth is accredited by the Distance Education and Training Council (DETC). The Accrediting Commission of the DETC is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a nationally recognized accrediting agency. For more information, visit ashworthcollege.edu.
Ashworth is a Sterling Partners portfolio company. Sterling, a private equity firm with a 25-year history of generating superior returns invests in industries with positive, long-term trends and provides ongoing support with a diverse and balanced team of industry veterans, operators, investors, strategy experts, and human capital professionals.