To meet market demand, Ashworth is now able to offer sequential paralegal programs that will academically challenge a student according to the individual’s needs and career goals.
Peachtree Corners, GA (PRWEB) November 13, 2012
The demand for qualified paralegal practitioners continues to climb as high as 18% over the next decade, according to the Department of Labor Statistics. To meet this demand Ashworth College is announcing the launch of a new suite of online paralegal certificate programs.
Dr. Leslie Gargiulo, Chief Academic Officer for Ashworth College (http://www.ashworthcollege.edu/), explained that the new certificates can be used as a foundation program or as a supplement to other training. “To meet market demand, Ashworth is now able to offer sequential paralegal programs that will academically challenge a student according to the individual’s needs and career goals.”
Developed primarily for those who are new to the legal profession, the new certificate programs provide comprehensive overviews to Civil Litigation, Corporate Law, Criminal Law, Real Estate Law, and Wills, Trusts and Estates.
”Whether a student is looking for an introduction to the profession, a full college degree, or to supplement previous education or on-the-job career training, Ashworth is committed to providing pathways to successful careers with programs that meet the demands of the today’s evolving marketplace,” Dr. Gargiulo added.
Ashworth’s Paralegal Career Certificates
Ashworth College’s paralegal certificate programs each begin with Ashworth’s popular Introduction to Study Skills module, followed by a range of online lessons that are easy to follow, yet challenging and applicable in the real world. Each lesson includes learning objectives, lecture notes, review questions, multiple-choice exams and written assignments. Specifically:
- Civil Litigation: In six detailed lessons, get a glimpse into the world of litigation paralegals, often considered the backbone of the trial team.
- Corporate Law: Paralegals specializing in corporate law gain a thorough understanding mergers and acquisitions, investments, financial regulations and more, all outlined in 14 comprehensive lessons.
- Criminal Law: These paralegals typically work for private law firms, community legal services, government agencies, courts, legal aid offices and district attorney's offices organizing and coordinating the attorney's appearances in court and at other venues. In seven informative lessons, students will walk away with a clear overview of this challenging field.
- Real Estate Law: In six comprehensive lessons, students can gain insight into life as a real estate paralegal; keeping in mind duties might differ depending on where the paralegal works and what type of real estate transactions the firm or corporation conducts.
- Trust and Estate Law: is one of many transactional law practice areas. This six lesson certificate program is an introduction to estate planning, drafting wills, setting up trusts, and filing estate taxes all from a paralegal’s point of view.
As a leading online school, Ashworth builds its programs to fit a student’s budget as well as personal and career goals. Students have the flexibility to start the program at any time and study at their own pace -- extremely conducive to the working professional’s schedule.
About Ashworth College
Celebrating 25 years of Educating Minds and Changing Lives, leading online school Ashworth College has built a tradition of excellence by offering students worldwide an extensive range of online college degrees, online certificate programs, career training and online high school diploma options that are affordable and fit the busy schedules of working adults. Ashworth offers military education as well as specialized programs for corporate partners and homeschoolers.
Headquartered in Peachtree Corners, GA, Ashworth is accredited by the Distance Education and Training Council (DETC). The Accrediting Commission of the DETC is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a nationally recognized accrediting agency. Ashworth is parent to James Madison High School which is accredited regionally by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI), an accreditation division of AdvancED and further provides career training and vocational programs in the fields of health, business, technology, education, and skilled trades through sister schools PCDI Canada, New York Institute of Photography and Sheffield School.