With the release of CellBackup on MSP 2.0, subscribers can now easily share the content they generate on their phone with the people they want, when they want, in the most seamless fashion available.
San Mateo, Calif. (Vocus) May 29, 2008
Asurion Mobile Applications, a division of Asurion Corporation, has released CellBackup (http://www.cellbackup.com) on its next generation Mobile Solutions Platform (MSP 2.0), providing subscribers with the power to easily share the user-generated content stored on their mobile phones wherever and with whomever they want.
CellBackup is the industry leading service for wireless subscribers that enables automatic, over-the-air backup of mobile phone content including the address book, photos, videos and more. Available on multiple BREW carriers since 2004, Cellbackup is now running on MSP 2.0 and is available through more than twenty BREW carriers worldwide, including Alltel, Cellular South, Movistar, and Verizon Wireless Puerto Rico.
The launch of MSP 2.0 introduces key new features for wireless carriers and CellBackup subscribers:
- Address Book Groups and Sharing. Subscribers have the ability to group friends, colleagues and family members into Contact Lists and share them with others. For example, Dad can create the family address book, share it with the others, and the whole family gets the information automatically on their mobile phones. A small business owner can share an employee and customer directory with a select group of employees, and every update made to the list automatically updates the directory for all members of the team.
- Shared Photo and Video Albums. Subscribers have the ability to easily store photo and video albums captured on the mobile phone. MSP 2.0 utilizes advanced over-the-air sync technology to dramatically simplify the user experience associated with freeing the content traditionally trapped on mobile phones. Specifically, a subscriber snaps a photo on the mobile phone and it automatically appears on the CellBackup website in near-real time.
- Seamless Integration Platform. MSP 2.0 provides seamless integration into social networks and photo sharing websites enabling subscribers to easily distribute the content they generate on the phone anywhere, anytime with anyone. After snapping a photo on the mobile phone, the photo appears not only on the CellBackup website, but also on the social networks and photo sharing sites of the subscribers choosing.
- Carrier-Grade, Standards-Based Architecture. MSP 2.0 utilizes a SOA architecture and leverages open industry standards to provide unrivaled performance, scalability, and manageability in an Asurion-hosted environment or inside the carrier network. MSP 2.0 leverages standards-based interfaces such as REST, SOAP, XCAP, SIP and SyncML for integration with carrier and third party services.
- Rich Web Experience. The CellBackup website has been redesigned using the latest web technologies to enable optimum subscriber experience, as well as rapid and flexible customization for carrier-branded deployments.
“With the release of CellBackup on MSP 2.0, subscribers can now easily share the content they generate on their phone with the people they want, when they want, in the most seamless fashion available.” said Steve Pretre, Vice President and General Manager for Asurion Mobile Applications. “These features represent unique bundling opportunities for wireless carriers due to the clear synergies with family calling plans, messaging plans, wireless phone insurance, and other voice and data features. In addition, wireless carriers and operators can provide these great features to their subscribers utilizing a proven, open, and robust architecture from within their own networks or as an Asurion-managed service. We have an active schedule for MSP 2.0 carrier deployments and migrations underway, and are very pleased that these capabilities will reach large numbers of subscribers in the very near-term.”
About Asurion Mobile Applications
Asurion Mobile Applications, a division of Asurion, develops and manages industry leading applications that enable wireless subscribers to easily transfer their data to a new device if they lose, damage or replace their current device. From contacts to pictures to videos, many wireless subscribers consider the content on their mobile phones more valuable than the device itself. Asurion’s Data Protection service helps wireless subscribers protect their digital assets, while providing wireless carriers with additional revenue streams, greater subscriber loyalty and reduced churn. Leading North American wireless carriers leverage Asurion’s data protection platform for their branded mobile backup solutions.
Asurion is the leading provider of enhanced services to the wireless industry. Asurion’s success is built on a foundation of shared values with clients -- quality service, relationships, integrity, and financial strength. Offerings include Roadside Assistance Services, Handset Insurance Services, Warranty Management and Equipment Maintenance Services, Debt Protection, and Mobile Applications. Asurion serves millions of subscribers through its relationships with leading wireless carriers in North America and Asia. For additional information about Asurion, visit http://www.asurion.com.
For press and analyst inquiries, please contact:
Media @ asurion.com
# # #