Our customers want billing software that
Moraga, CA (PRWEB) September 23, 2008
Earlier today, BillingTracker announced the release of version 4.0 of BillingTracker Pro time billing software. Version 4.0 adds significant functionality to the program, including features designed specifically for attorneys and accountants, and has a simpler, easier-to-use interface than previous versions -- all while keeping the same price point.
The newly released version of BillingTracker integrates suggestions and comments from attorneys and accountants in small firms, who often have to take care of their own software needs without access to professional technology support. Their number one request: Keep it easy to use and quick to learn.
"Attorneys and accountants in small firms have the same professional demands that professionals working at large firms do, but without the big-firm IT backing and big budgets," said Jeremy Gerber, founder of BillingTracker. "Our customers want billing software that "just works" without them having to go to training courses or have IT people install it. BillingTracker Pro 4.0 meets all the time and invoicing needs of typical law and accounting firms with one to 10 time keepers, without the complexity of many other solutions."
Rich in features, yet easy to use
BillingTracker Pro currently allows lawyers and CPAs to easily track time and create invoices, whether they bill hourly, project rate, retainer or on contingency. The software features detailed reports covering hours logged by each user, accounts receivable / payable, billable vs. unbillable hours, and cash flow. BillingTracker Pro also gives attorneys and accountants the ability to efficiently manage vendors, receivables, invoices and expenses. Easy to learn, BillingTracker Pro makes it easy to share reports and information among the firm's staff; and to export reports to all common file formats.
The multi-user module allows all the firm's members to work together on the same clients and projects/matters, according to permission levels. Each user can have their own billing rate that the program automatically tracks and tallies when creating the invoices. Firm members can even track their time on BillingTracker Pro when they are away from the office, using Windows Terminal Server.
New features in version 4.0 of BillingTracker Pro include:
· Pre-Payments (Retainer): Hours can now be logged against a pre-payment. The invoices will show how much was paid, work done, and what is still owed (or left in the retainer account) - automatically.
· Batch billing: Any firm that produces multiple invoices on the same day can now create all of them at once, in a single batch - with just two clicks. Batch billing can also automatically email and print the invoices, saving hours of work.
· Default values for new clients and projects: Accountants asked for, and got, the ability to set up new projects in just a few clicks, with most of the information already filled in from a template that the user sets up once. For example, the accountant no longer need type "2008 Income Tax" for every tax client job - it is done automatically.
· "Design your own invoices": Attorney and CPA firms now have complete flexibility in how they present their invoices to their clients. In addition to the templates that come with the software, the BillingTracker web site offers several additional templates that can be modified by the user or by an accredited design agency, also listed on the Web site.
· Increased flexibility and handling of "unusual" invoices: BillingTracker Pro now lets attorneys and accountants add a discount, charge late fees, charge a second level of tax, and accept partial payments. The program tracks exactly what is earned, billed, owed, and paid, so the user doesn't have to.
· Online Backup: An automated online backup service is also available within the program, which enables firms to ensure that their billing data will be safe and available even in the event of a computer system crash or theft, office fire, or other disruptive event.
Anyone can try a full-featured 20-day demo of the product by visiting BillingTracker and selecting 'Download free trial.' Buyers can also purchase a fully licensed version of the program for $89 by visiting http://www.billingtracker.com and selecting 'Buy'.
Founded in 2001, BillingTracker is a trusted provider of easy to use time billing and invoicing software to thousands of companies and independent contractors around the world. BillingTracker's proven time billing and invoicing software allows small firms of attorneys, accountants/CPAs, web developers, engineers, architects, and other professionals who provide services to track the time spent on each client's work, and create professional invoices with just a few clicks. BillingTracker Pro, BillingTracker's flagship product, tracks each invoice until it is paid, giving periodic reminders to the user. BillingTracker Pro's reporting tools allow users to easily get an in-depth understanding of the state of their business. BillingTracker's mission is to give a competitive edge to small firms, by providing powerful time and billing tools that don't require training or an IT department to set up. For more information, please visit http://www.billingtracker.com.