Bloomington, Ind. (PRWEB) January 22, 2009
AuthorHouse , the leading provider of self publishing and marketing services for authors around the globe, has announced its top ten best-selling titles for December 2008, according to Neilsen BookScan data.
1. The Midnight Window, by Edward Scott; (Poetry).
A book of poems with touching qualities.
2. It Shined: The Saga of the Ozark Mountain Daredevils, by Michael Supe Granda; (Biography). Young performers congregate musically, on the stage of The New Bijou Theater in the 1970s.
3. The Little Light Shines Bright, by Juliette Goodrich; (Children's).
A true story about the world's longest burning light bulb.
4. Just a Walk in the Park, by Tom Nolan; (Autobiography)
A rocket ride from the author's childhood to the end of his dreams.
5. A Place Called Home: Moments from an Ordinary Life, by Craig Nagel; (Compilation).
The best of Craig Nagel's "The Cracker Barrel" columns, enjoyed by readers in north central Minnesota for 25 years.
6. My Fall from Grace: City Hall to Prison Walls, by James Laski; (Autobiography).
Former city clerk recounts his part in the crooked Chicago political machine's Hired Truck Scandal and his ultimate downfall--a prison sentence.
7. Playing School: A Teacher's Account of Daily Classroom Struggles in Our Inner City Classrooms, by Dean Caputa; (Fiction). The author offers a true-life fictional account of his experiences in Louisiana's classrooms.
8. Verdict! In Search of a Crime, by John Eastman; (Fiction).
A modern-day account of David against a seemingly invincible Goliath.
9. MemoraBEALEia: A Private Scrapbook About Edie Beale of Grey Gardens, First Cousin to First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, by Walter Newkirk; (Biography).
A celebration and tribute to Edith "Little Edie" Bouvier Beale.
10. Cul-De-Sac: Mop Up for Malice, by Wesla Kerr; (Fiction).
When Matty Lopez McGuire's son, Miguel, is involved in a murder case, she knows she must help him.
These titles, and the complete AuthorHouse library, are available for purchase through the online AuthorHouse bookstore at http://www.authorhouse.com/BookStore/BookHome.aspx. To learn how to publish a book, log on to authorhouse.com or call 888-519-5121 today.
AuthorHouse, an Author Solutions brand, is the leading provider of self publishing and marketing services for authors around the globe. Committed to providing the highest level of customer service in publishing, AuthorHouse assigns each author a personal publishing consultant who provides guidance throughout the process. AuthorHouse provides a broad array of tools and services to allow authors to make their own choices throughout the publishing process. Headquartered in Bloomington, Ind., AuthorHouse published one out of every 30 U.S. titles in 2007. AuthorHouse released its 50,000th title in spring 2008.