Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) March 17, 2015
Avastin is active against all isoforms of VEGF-A, and can prevent it from interacting with its receptors on the surface of endothelial cells, which leads to the inhibition of angiogenesis, a key feature of both wAMD and DME. Therefore, in addition to its approved therapeutic role as an oncology drug, Avastin has been used off-label for many years as an IVT anti-VEGF treatment for these retinal diseases, despite the launch of Lucentis (a mAb fragment derived from the same parent murine antibody as Avastin) in 2006 for wAMD, which was also developed by Genentech. Macular Edema is a condition where fluid accumulates on the macula, leading to vision impairment or in severe cases even vision loss. The three main types of ME are diabetic macular edema (DME), and macular edema following either a central or branch retinal vein occlusion (ME-CRVO and ME-BRVO). Age-related macular degeneration (AMD) is a painless eye condition which leads to gradual, irreversible, loss of central vision, and is one of the leading causes of blindness among people aged 50 and over in the developed world. Complete report with TOC is available @ http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/avastin-macular-edema-and-macular-degeneration-forecast-and-market-analysis-to-2023-market-report.html .
Currently the Macular Edema and Avastin Macular Degeneration markets are dominated by the use of anti-VEGF monotherapy, however, in recent years, corticosteroid implants have been reaching the Macular Edema market which could challenge the stronghold these drugs have in this sector. The Avastin Macular Degeneration market will see the arrival of the first therapies to treat dry Avastin Macular Degeneration, fulfilling a huge unmet need in the management of this retinal disease, and these first-in-class therapies will strongly drive the market growth over the next ten years. The launch of wet Avastin Macular Degeneration adjunctive therapies will also see a significant change in the treatment of Avastin Macular Degeneration patients and have a positive impact on the market growth.
- Overview of Macular Edema and Macular Degeneration, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Avastin including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Avastin for the top seven countries from 2013 to 2023.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK and Japan
Order a purchase copy of this report @ http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/contacts/purchase?rname=312779 . (This is a premium report priced at US$3495 for a single user License.)
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return.
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Macular Edema and Macular Degeneration.
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential.
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Avastin performance.
- Obtain sales forecast for Avastin from 2013-2023 in top seven countries (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK and Japan).
1.1 List of Tables
Table 1: ARM System Classification of AMD 19
Table 2: Symptoms of AMD 20
Table 3: National and International Treatment Guidelines for ME and AMD 33
Table 4: Most Prescribed Drugs for ME and AMD in the Global Markets, 2013 34
Table 5: Leading Treatments for ME and AMD, 2014 49
Table 6: Product Profile - Avastin 53
Table 7: Avastin SWOT Analysis, 2014 55
Table 8: Global Sales Forecast ($m) for Avastin, 2013-2023 56
Table 9: Surveyed High-Prescribing Physicians (Non-KOLs), by Country 79
1.2 List of Figures
Figure 1: Anatomy of the Eye and Macula 12
Figure 2: Amsler Grid viewed by Patient with Normal Vision and with wAMD 21
Figure 3: Color Fundus Photographs of Dry and Wet AMD 21
Figure 4: FAF Imaging of GA 22
Figure 5: Imaging of wAMD 23
Figure 6: CMT in DME 29
Figure 7: RVOs (BRVO and CRVO) on an FA 30
Figure 8: Increased CRT in ME-RVO 30
Figure 9: ME Clinical Treatment Flowchart 40
Figure 10: AMD Clinical Treatment Flowchart 47
Explore more reports on Ophthalmology therapeutics industry at http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/reports/life-sciences/pharmaceuticals/therapeutics/ophthalmology-therapeutics .
RnRMarketResearch.com is an online database of market research reports offer in-depth analysis of over 5000 market segments. The library has syndicated reports by leading market research publishers across the globe and also offer customized market research reports for multiple industries.