McLean, VA (Vocus) June 9, 2010
Avectra, the leading provider of web based association management software, and Bisnow are pleased to present a panel of social media thought leaders for an informative luncheon covering the most important issue facing association managers – what to do with social media and how can social media drive membership and corporate goals?
- What? Social Media Lunch & Learn – Smart Strategies for Associations & Non-Profits
- Where? Hotel Monaco, Alexandria, Va.
- When? Wednesday, June 16th, 2010 from 11:30 a.m. -1:15 p.m.
- Cost? Free
- How to Register? http://www.avectra.com/sociallunch
Featuring keynote speaker Jennifer Edwards Abernethy, author of The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Social Media Marketing, the lunch and learn session will address issues facing associations in today’s multi-media environment of search engines, blogs, public social media platforms and niche networks as well as strategies to support member retention, new member recruitment, and non-due revenue through added engagement opportunities, user-generated content, and ongoing peer-to-peer interaction.
In addition to Ms. Abernethy, the session also features a panel discussion with a trio of association social media experts including:
- Suzanne Carawan - Vice President Marketing & Strategy, thePort
- Maggie McGary - Association industry blogger and Online Community & Social Media Manager, American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- KiKi L'Italien - Senior Consultant in Technology Management, DelCor Technology Solutions
The panel will discuss:
- How to use social media to connect with members
- Creating content to attract more members to your business
- Creative and easy-to-implement social media marketing techniques
- Real life examples of effective social media in action for associations
- Tools to help you manage and measure the success of your social media efforts
In addition to lunch, attendees will receive a free copy of Jennifer Abernethy’s book: The Idiot’s Guide to Social Media Marketing.
To register for the event, please visit http://www.avectra.com/sociallunch
For the last 16 years, Avectra has been translating our clients’ needs into market-leading association management software – whether our clients serve members by the hundreds or hundreds of thousands. Our 100% Web-based technology integrates data with business processes and then automates it, so our clients can engage members, provide access to all of their resources and get more done. Each of our solutions is continually refined by the user community, ensuring that we have the features our clients need to run their businesses and lead their industries. With ongoing, automatic upgrades that won’t disrupt service or incur additional costs, we keep our clients current with the latest technology. Avectra is headquartered in McLean, Va., with a regional office in Chicago.
To explore the netFORUM family of products, please visit http://www.avectra.com, or call 800-858-8272.
Patrick Dorsey, Avectra