As always, it remains imperative that organizations have a system in place to ensure their SharePoint sites remain within policy, which is what makes Governance Automation with Policy Enforcer a must have for your organizational governance requirements.
Jersey City, NJ (PRWEB) November 19, 2013
AvePoint, the leader in governance, compliance, and management solutions for social enterprise collaboration platforms, announced today the latest version of its flagship product for automated service and proactive governance enforcement, DocAve Governance Automation Service Pack (SP) 4, with support for Microsoft SharePoint 2013 hybrid deployments.
DocAve Governance Automation encourages the adoption of Microsoft SharePoint by providing end users with a role-based, business-centric service catalog for provisioning, moving, or restructuring content, as well as lifecycle and permissions management requests. DocAve Governance Automation proactively enforces auditing, branding, lifecycle management, permissions, and storage configurations upon request execution and ensures that all actions or changes to your SharePoint environment fall within your organization’s defined SharePoint governance policies.
Key updates within DocAve Governance Automation SP 4 include:
- Support for Microsoft SharePoint 2013 Hybrid Deployments – Permissions management, provisioning and lifecycle management, and content management for both multi-tenant and dedicated SharePoint Online instances. Provision new sites, lists, or libraries to Microsoft Office 365 in compliance with policy, or enable business content owners to request the migration of SharePoint 2013 on-premises content to Office 365 with approval.
- Request Questionnaires – Create a dynamic request questionnaire to gather information on the end users' specific business purposes for a service request in order to ensure that they are guided to the appropriate request forms based on their business needs.
- Site Recertification – Automatically assign a task to site collection business owners for recertification of user permissions to each site or site collection throughout its lifecycle. All permissions changes by users involved in the recertification process are tracked, and historical versions are recorded to ensure accountability.
- Policy Enforcer – Ensure all newly provisioned and existing sites remain within policy and under control by monitoring your sites around the clock, automatically adjusting settings and configurations across environments by applying rules and profiles offered by DocAve Policy Enforcer.
- Temporary Permissions – Assign users with custom or temporary permission levels during site and site collection provisioning and automatically remove permission on a set expiration date.
- Extensibility and Customization – Extend your governance policies beyond SharePoint by integrating with existing IT service management systems or by automating the approval process with third-party workflow systems – such as Nintex or K2. Customize to your evolving information architecture by building your own Policy Enforcer rules or profiles and integrating them into more than 40 different event triggers using our Rules Software Development Kit (SDK).
“Not all organizations utilizing the cloud are going ‘all-in’, so it was important for us to be able to provide support for those utilizing a hybrid model for their SharePoint deployments,” said George Petrou, Chief Technology Officer, AvePoint. “As always, it remains imperative that organizations have a system in place to ensure their SharePoint sites remain within policy, which is what makes Governance Automation with Policy Enforcer a must have for your organizational governance requirements.”
By utilizing the entire DocAve 6 Software Platform – including modules for data protection, administration, file share management, storage optimization, compliance, and reporting – DocAve Governance Automation transcends the capabilities of rigid provisioning and security management solutions, enabling organizations to close the custom code gap created by homegrown governance solutions. As with all AvePoint solutions, DocAve Governance Automation SP 4 utilizes only fully supported Microsoft methodologies and APIs.
AvePoint has helped more than 10,000 organizations across 88 countries collaborate with confidence since its founding in 2001. With robust protection, management, compliance, reporting, and migration capabilities, as well as true, global 24/7 live support, AvePoint is the leader in governance, compliance, and management solutions for social enterprise collaboration platforms.
AvePoint is a global technology company and proven software leader. Since its founding in 2001, AvePoint has become the world's largest provider of enterprise-class governance, compliance, and management solutions for social enterprise collaboration platforms. AvePoint helps more than 10,000 customers – including many Fortune 500 companies and government agencies – meet their specific business objectives by enabling collaboration with confidence. AvePoint, Inc. is headquartered and maintains its principal operational center in Jersey City, NJ, with wholly owned operational centers in the USA, Canada, Australia, South Africa, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland, Sweden, Japan, Singapore, and China. AvePoint is a Depth Managed Microsoft Gold Certified Application Development Partner and Gold Certified Collaboration and Content Partner as well as a US Government GSA provider via strategic partnerships.
To follow AvePoint on social media, please visit our website.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.