Denver, CO (Vocus) March 18, 2009
The American Water Works Association will host its fifth annual Career Fair for students, young professionals and job seekers from 1-4 p.m. June 16 during AWWA's Annual Conference and Exposition (ACE09) at the San Diego Convention Center.
The ACE09 Career Fair is an ideal opportunity for people interested in careers in the water industry to learn more about the water profession and meet with top water and wastewater firms and utilities. As in the past, more than 250 attendees and 40 exhibitors are expected to participate.
Attendees at the ACE09 Career Fair will:
- Be included in a résumé book given to all exhibiting companies prior to the Career Fair.
- Meet with and learn about more than 30 potential employers. Previous Career Fair exhibitors included Siemens, CDM, Metcalf & Eddy, Carollo, CH2M Hill, HDR and Stantec Consulting.
- Have the opportunity to post résumés and look at jobs on the employment board.
- Be entered to win an iPod Touch, sponsored by CDM.
- Be invited to the Student, Employer, and Young Professionals Meet & Greet Reception, from 5:30-7 p.m. following the Career Fair.
- Mileage reimbursement is available to students on a first come/first serve basis.
- New this year! Career coaches will be available for a nominal fee to review attendees' résumés or offer advice about career growth and direction.
Job seekers wishing to attend the ACE09 Career Fair should submit their résumés to AWWA by email to careers(at)awwa.org to be included in the résumé book. The deadline for submitting résumés is May 1, 2009.
While the career fair is free, students also have an opportunity to purchase a student registration to the conference. Registration gives students full access to ACE -- five days to explore the most pressing water issues, experience cutting-edge water industry technology, and take part in unmatched opportunities to learn more about the water profession -- all for the low price of $55. Students wishing to attend ACE can register online at http://www.awwa.org/ace09.
There are still a few spots open for employers wishing to participate in the ACE09 Career Fair. Exhibitors will have the opportunity to meet face-to-face with the future of the water profession, as well as listen to a student panel discussion on workforce issues. Employers will also receive a complimentary résumé book. Companies interested in exhibiting should contact Sara Wrenn at swrenn(at)awwa.org or 303-347-6235.
About the World's Water Event
ACE09, June 14-18, is expected to draw more than 12,000 water professionals and 500 exhibitors. It will feature a professional program with approximately 100 sessions and 17 in-depth workshops. Topics covered will include infrastructure management and water rates, drought and source water supply, distribution and water quality issues, communicating about water issues, workforce challenges, and legislative and regulatory issues.
For more information on the conference and registration, visit http://www.awwa.org/ace09 or call 1-800-926-7337.
Media Note: Accredited members of the media may attend ACE09 at no charge. However, they are required to register with AWWA Public Affairs. For media registration, please visit the press room at http://www.awwa.org or contact Deirdre Mueller at dmueller(at)awwa.org or 303-347-6140.
AWWA is the authoritative resource for knowledge, information, and advocacy to improve the quality and supply of water in North America and beyond. AWWA is the largest organization of water professionals in the world. AWWA advances public health, safety and welfare by uniting the efforts of the full spectrum of the water community. Through our collective strength we become better stewards of water for the greatest good of the people and the environment.