Beer wholesalers need to reach frontline personnel directly with actionable training that changes behavior and produces measurable results. That's what BeerCampus.com delivers.
Past News ReleasesRSS
Redwood City, CA (Vocus) January 22, 2007
- ej4, a provider of short-form, rapid-deployment training and communication solutions for the beverage industry, has launched BeerCampus.com.
- The new e-learning training program addresses the core business needs of beer distributors by improving retail execution of a beer distributor's workforce.
- BeerCampus.com is designed specifically for beer distributors. It features courses based on ej4's extensive experience in the beverage industry, and uses state-of-the-art digital technologies that integrate video in short segments to provide an effective distance-learning experience.
Quotes, attributed to Paul Russell, co-founder and partner at ej4:
"The key difference between us and other providers of beer wholesaler training is simple: We understand that your P&L is different than the P&L of a brewer. So we concentrate on enhancing your profitability, not just theirs."
"Typical live classroom or satellite training, often used by beer distributors, keeps people out of the trade and uses techniques that are out of step with the needs of frontline personnel."
"Beer wholesalers need to reach frontline personnel directly with actionable training that changes behavior and produces measurable results. That's what BeerCampus.com delivers."
What is BeerCampus.com?
- BeerCampus.com consists of over 100 custom, web-based courses that train distributors to drive profitability through improved retail execution. Video training modules cover sales skills, negotiation techniques, supervising and management, administration, OSHA and DOT regulations compliance, and expense reduction (including energy costs).
- Most course segments last no longer than 10 minutes, and all feature the latest instructional design techniques and ej4's proven format, which uses 'live' presenters and eye-catching content and graphics.
- ej4's nano-learning approach keeps learners engaged, maximizes retention, and can be deployed via a variety of media such the Web, route handhelds, and even mobile phones.
- Price is based on number of distributor routes, generally $150 per route or less.
- To view a demo, visit: http://www.beercampus.com/demo_home.aspx
- See a clip from the "Merchandising" course: http://www.beercampus.com/demo_detail.aspx?cid=0VeIePEqDkU%253d
- View a study of ej4's Pepsi bottler campus that found ej4 helps improve retail execution, increases sales, reduces operations and training costs, and improves employee and retailer satisfaction http://www.ej4.com/casestudy/ej4_Bersin_Pepsi_study.pdf
Bio - Paul Russell
Paul Russell is co-founder of ej4 LLC, a St. Louis-based e-learning and communications firm. He has been consulting with and training brewery personnel, beer wholesalers, and retailers for nearly 20 years. Paul's beer industry projects have included:
- Wrote and delivered training for the Busch Satellite Network, the live satellite TV training system used by Anheuser-Busch to train wholesaler sales, sales management and other sales and supervisory personnel. Courses included IMPACT Selling 'Ride With Training,' 'Why Isn't the Job Getting Done?,' 'Handling Tough Customers,' 'Motivating Poor Performers,' 'Managing Different Generations,' 'Keeping a Positive Attitude,' 'Telephone Techniques,' 'How to Work a Room,' and many others.
- Conceived, developed and taught the Beer QuickSell™ for beer wholesalers use at store level.
- Worked as consultant and course designer and presenter for wholesaler customer satisfaction training for 800 beer wholesalers.
- Represented brewery on-premise divisions in presentations to key on-premise retailers utilizing the copyrighted RPM (Retailer Profitability Model) concept.
- Conceived, wrote, produced and hosted the monthly 'AB Up2Date,' the field sales audio newsmagazine of Anheuser-Busch for nine years.
- Consulted with National Vice-President of Sales to communicate retail pricing and selling strategy to wholesaler community.
- Consulted with Marketing and Brand Management teams to develop sales tactics for super-premium, premium and popular priced brand segments.
- Trained Contemporary Marketing teams, Clydesdale teams, Brand teams, and more for almost twenty years. Paul has also provided consulting or training for consumer goods organizations such as: Pepsi-Cola, UBS, Ace Hardware, MasterCard International, and others.
Headquartered in Saint Louis, Missouri, ej4 is a global, rapid-deployment provider of custom, cost-effective, short-form learning programs that deliver measurable business results. Its focus is on the "four Js" of e-learning: just in time, just as needed, just enough, and just right training and communication. ej4 uses streaming video with specialized instructional design to deliver content that people enjoy using and that changes workplace behaviors. ej4's technology can also be deployed on mobile devices such as route handhelds, PDAs, mobile phones, and video iPods. For more information, visit http://www.ej4.com.
Media: Tim Cox -- Zing Public Relations -- 650-369-7784
Sales: Dan Cooper -- ej4 -- 314-878-6700