There is simply nothing else like this on the market at the moment. It's intellectual musical entertainment of the highest quality — Sinfini Music
London, UK (PRWEB UK) 23 May 2013
The Beethoven’s 9th Symphony App features four of DG’s greatest recordings of this iconic work, with the amazing ability to switch instantly between each performance on-the-fly. As you listen, you can watch the synchronized score, read expert commentary, follow Beethoven’s 1825 manuscript or immerse yourself in the hypnotic graphical BeatMap highlighting every note.
The app includes two hours of specially filmed exclusive interviews with conductors, musicians and writers, offering fascinating perspectives on what this greatest of works means to people around the world.
- Four legendary performances of Beethoven’s 9th Symphony by Leonard Bernstein (including video), John Eliot Gardiner, Ferenc Fricsay and Herbert von Karajan
- Switch instantly between recordings on-the-fly
- Typeset score, the original 1825 manuscript score and the mesmeric BeatMap synchronized to all performances
- Specially commissioned text by David Owen Norris: including synchronized commentary, in-depth analysis and introduction
- Extended video interviews with a dozen experts, including Gustavo Dudamel, Sir John Eliot Gardiner and Suzy Klein
The Beethoven’s 9th Symphony App is available free from the App Store on iPad, iPhone or iPod touch, or at http://www.AppStore.com.
Users get two minutes of symphony for free and can unlock the full experience through In-App Purchase ($13.99/£9.99 for iPad, $7.99/£5.49 for iPhone and iPod touch).
Apple is a trademark of Apple, Inc.
Media pack: http://www.touchpress.com/press