Love is in the air at Belk as we celebrate Valentine’s Day with wonderful gifts ranging from fabulous fragrances and sparkling jewelry to romantic sleepwear and flirty dresses.
Charlotte, NC (Vocus) February 11, 2010
Belk has a great line-up of Valentine’s Day gift selections that will be right on target for customers as they “Play Cupid!” for the sweethearts in their lives.
“Love is in the air at Belk as we celebrate Valentine’s Day with wonderful gifts ranging from fabulous fragrances and sparkling jewelry to romantic sleepwear and flirty dresses,” said Arlene Goldstein, vice president of trend merchandising and fashion direction. “Wearing red is a must on Valentine’s Day, so take a look at a few of my favorite styles – a suit by Tahari, a cap sleeve dress by Taylor and a ruffle neck dress by Tiana B, all easily found at Belk.com.
“Also check out heart motifs and anything that sparkles. Yes, I’m talking about diamonds here. They’re a sure winner. Belk has hundreds of exciting gift choices that will express just the right sentiment and at sweet savings.”
Following are examples of the great Valentine’s Day gifts and values being featured at Belk during its Valentine’s Day Sale Feb. 10 – 15.
Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas From Belk
Fabulous Fragrances – Give the perfect gift of the latest fragrances and enjoy the extras that come as a gift with purchase in select offers, including:
- Chanel – Experience No 5 Eau Premiere as if it were the first time . . . decidedly lighter, fresher softer, this latest incarnation of the now and forever fragrance debuts in a convenient new size
- Ralph Lauren Romance – Free 12-piece Dylan’s Candy Chocolate Truffle Collection in keepsake box with $75 or greater purchase of Ralph Lauren Romance or Romance Always Yours
- Ed Hardy Hearts & Daggers by Christian Audigier – Free overnight bag for women or duffle for men featuring Ed Hardy Tattoo Designs with any qualifying purchase of $75 or more from the Ed Hardy fragrance collection
- Couture Couture by Juicy Couture - $40 savings on purchase of Couture Couture set with Eau de Parfum Spray and Body Lotion
- Queen by Queen Latifah – free handbag charm with qualifying purchase of $59 or more from the Queen by Queen Latifah fragrance collection
- Glam Princess Vera Wang – enjoy a floral fruity oriental, new limited edition Vera Wang Glam Princess fragrance – bold, beautiful, brilliant
Sparkling Jewelry – Dazzle your loved ones with jewelry that glitters from Belk and Co. Fine Jewelers in many Belk locations. Great Valentine’s Day gift ideas include:
- diamond heart pendants
- diamond earrings
- semi-precious stones
- gold earrings and pendants
- fine watches and other items
Also check out heart themed jewelry items at Belk, such as:
- Sterling silver jewelry from Belk Silverworks and Danecraft – free heart-shaped jewelry box with purchase of any three Originality beads during Valentine’s Day Sale
- Colorful heart-themed and other styles by Monet, Napier, ND New Directions and Erica Lyons.
“Play Cupid” Accessories – Pick brightly colored accessories, preferably in red, to make a lasting impression, such as:
- Red nylon triple zip cross body “Valerie” handbag and wristlet by Dooney & Bourke;
- Colorful “Pop” duffle bag and flap wristlet by Dooney & Bourke
Romantic Intimates – Make a romantic statement for Valentine’s Day by choosing from among Belk’s great selection of sleepwear, robes and romancewear, including flirty styles by Hue, Linea Donatella, Ivy & Annabelle, ND Intimates and many others.
For Celebrating Valentine’s Day at Home – Choose crystal giftware and wine sets from Gorham, Mikasa, Lenox and more. Plus, enjoy a romantic evening with Yankee Candle Fragrance of the Month in tumbler or medium and large jar sizes.
For additional gift giving ideas that will inspire affection from your loved ones, visit your local Belk store or belk.com.
About Belk, Inc. (http://www.belk.com)
Charlotte, N.C.-based Belk, Inc. is the nation’s largest privately owned mainline department store company. It operates 305 Belk stores located in 16 Southern states. The company was founded in 1888 by William Henry Belk in Monroe, N.C., and is in the third generation of Belk family leadership. Its Belk.com Web site is designed with many special features to make online shopping exciting, convenient and easy for customers. It offers a wide assortment of fashion apparel, shoes and accessories for the entire family along with top name cosmetics, a wedding registry and a large selection of quality merchandise for the home.
Belk, Inc. vice president of trend merchandising and fashion direction