Ben & Jerry’s have the ultimate concoction for indecisive ice cream lovers everywhere
Past News ReleasesRSS
Sydney, Australia (PRWEB) May 15, 2010
Just when you thought life couldn’t get any sweeter south of the Equator, here in Australia this Autumn three new pint tub ice cream flavours - Phish Food, Triple Caramel Chunk and Half Baked – will be hoofing it to the coolest freezers in town.
Phish Food – One of Ben & Jerry’s most iconic flavours and a best seller since it first hit shelves back in the 90’s. Named after the Vermont-based band ‘Phish’, it’s a medley of chocolate ice cream with gooey marshmallow, caramel swirls and schools of chocolatey fish. This flavour rocks!
Triple Caramel Chunk - Caramel lovers, rejoice! The finest caramel ice cream with a swirl of golden caramel and, as a crowning touch, buttery-soft pieces of chocolatey covered caramel.
Half Baked - Ben & Jerry’s have the ultimate concoction for indecisive ice cream lovers everywhere: twisting together two all-time favourites with fudgy brownies and chocolate chip cookie dough they’ve created a unique recipe that’s doubly euphoric.
While Ben & Jerry’s work on spreading the peace, love & ice cream further around Australia this year, the three new dairylicious flavours will only be available in 458ml pint tubs (RRP $11.95) in select delis around Sydney and Melbourne, from April 2010 to join the five flavours currently available: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Chocolate Fudge Brownie, Chunky Monkey, Strawberry Cheesecake and Vanilla.
The legen-dairy range is based on the original recipes of ethical ice cream gurus and company founders, Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield. Armed with a $5 correspondence course in ice cream making, the longstanding friends opened their very first Scoop Shop in an old gas station in Burlington, Vermont back in ‘78. Whilst they occasionally disagreed on the size of the chunks going into the ice cream, one thing they did agree on was having fun. As Jerry put it, “ If it’s not fun, why do it?”
A range of 18 Ben & Jerry’s flavours is available at the flagship Scoop Store in Manly, Sydney. A full list of delis stocking pint tubs is available at: http://www.benandjerry.com.au.
Back in 1966, in a school gym class, Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield found they hated running but loved food. Years later in 1978, armed with a $5 correspondence course in ice cream making, they opened their first scoop shop in a dilapidated gas station in Burlington, Vermont.
The duo soon became popular in the local community for the finest all natural ice cream. Ben had no sense of taste so he relied on what he called ‘mouth feel’, so big chunks of chocolate, fruit and nut became their signature. While they disagreed at times over the chunk size, they did agree that they wanted to enjoy themselves – as Jerry put it ‘If it’s not fun, why do it?
Ben & Jerry's aims to make the best possible ice cream, in the nicest possible way. Using business as a tool for social and environmental change is just as important as sourcing the finest ingredients to make ice cream. So wherever possible, Ben & Jerry's sources ingredients from producers and suppliers who share similar values. This can mean anything from free-range eggs to sustainably produced dairy, to Fairtrade certified ingredients.
In addition to the eight flavours available in pints, the following flavours are available in the flagship Scoop Shop in Manly, Sydney:
- Cherry Garcia: Cherry Ice Cream with Cherries & Dark Chocolatey Chunks
- Coffee Coffee BuzzBuzzBuzz: Coffee Ice Cream with Espresso Bean Chocolately Chunks
- New York Super Fudge Chunk: Chocolate Ice Cream with White & Dark Fudge Chunks, Pecans, Walnuts & Fudge Covered Almonds
- Chocolate Macadamia: Chocolate and Vanilla Ice Creams with Chocolatey Covered Macadamia Nuts
- Sweet Cream & Cookies: Sweet Cream Ice Cream with Whole and Broken Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- Mint Chocolate Chunk: Mint Ice Cream with Chocolatey Chunks
- Chocolate Therapy: Chocolate Ice Cream with Chocolate Cookies & Swirls of Chocolate Pudding Ice Cream
- Strawberry: Strawberry Ice cream
- Lemonade Stand Sorbet: Light & Zesty Lemon Sorbet
- Berry Berry Extraordinary: Swirls of Blueberry Fruit Sorbet and Raspberry Fruit Sorbet
- Peanut Cookie-Burra Dough: The winning entry for the ‘Do Oz a Flavour’ flavour naming competition, malt ice cream with globs of peanut butter cookie dough and a peanut butter swirl.
For further information and images please contact One Green Bean:
Sarah Burke | T: 02 8020 1814 | E: sarah(at)onegreenbean(dot)com(dot)au
Lizzie Culverhouse | T: 02 8020 1811 | E: lizzie(at)onegreenbean(dot)com(dot)au
# # #