New York, NY (PRWEB) January 23, 2013
Enhancing cabinets with decorative glass inserts will bring an entirely new look to kitchens without the expense of a large-scale renovation. With beautiful glass, homeowners can add depth, texture or color to the kitchen. Cabinet glass inserts come in a wide variety of styles, colors, patterns, and safety options. Best of all, they can be installed by the homeowner, without the help of a contractor.
“Replacing old or plain cabinet glass with new, fine decorative glasses can be a great way to enhance the entire kitchen,” said Robert Jayson, President of Bendheim. “This design-savvy and budget-friendly project can be a relatively simple do-it-yourself endeavor.”
The process begins with correct measurements of the cabinet openings. According to Bendheim Cabinet Glass, for standard square and rectangular cabinet openings:
When the cut-to-size glass inserts arrive, homeowners can select from several installation methods: retainer clips, glazing points and putty, or silicone caulking. These methods are detailed and illustrated in Bendheim’s “Do It Yourself Installation Tips.”
Installing cabinet glass inserts with retainer clips takes just a few simple steps:
1. Remove your cabinet door and all hardware from the door.
2. Lay the door, face down, on a flat, stable, non-abrasive surface.
3. On the back of the door, pre-drill one or two evenly spaced holes on all four sides of the opening to receive the retainer clips. Select a drill bit that is a smaller diameter than the retainer clip screw.
4. Clean both sides of your Bendheim decorative cabinet glass using a non-abrasive glass cleaner and a lint-free cloth.
5. Insert and center the glass in the door opening. Note: The textured glass surface can face in or out according to your preference.
6. Using a screwdriver, screw in the retainer clips in their pre-drilled holes.
7. For large glass inserts, insert one or two additional retainer clips on each side of the opening.
8. Your cabinet door is ready for re-installation.
About Bendheim Cabinet Glass:
Bendheim, a supplier of the finest specialty glasses to architects and designers for over 85 years, offers homeowners more than 150 decorative cabinet glasses in various patterns, textures, and colors. The wide selection of mouth-blown, organic and geometric patterned, textured, etched, mirrored, and colored glasses is available directly online at http://www.BendheimCabinetGlass.com. The glass inserts are delivered cut-to-size and ready to install.