San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) December 04, 2012
Today, MyRatePlan.com, an authority phone comparison website, announced its annual ranking of the top five best selling Android smartphones of 2012. As the most popular mobile operating system in the world, Google’s Android OS, led by South Korean hardware manufacturer Samsung, has significantly outpaced all other cell phone operating systems in total number of activations for the past several years. In fact, only the Apple iPhone, equipped with Apple iOS 6, has been able to stay relatively close in terms of sales. With 2012 drawing to a close, MyRatePlan’s experts have reviewed the year’s internal sales data in order to rank the top five best selling Android phones of the year.
These are the top five best selling Android phones of 2012:
1. Samsung Galaxy S III – The Samsung Galaxy S III, available on AT&T, is hands down the best selling Android phone of the year. As Samsung’s flagship phone, the Galaxy S III comes jam-packed with features that allow it to compete with the iPhone, and really be considered one of the most high-quality phones available. The Galaxy S III features an ultra-fast dual-core S4 processor, a very large 4.8” HD display, 4G LTE, an 8-megapixel camera, NFC, voice command control, and expandable memory up to 64 GB.
2. Samsung Galaxy S II – The Samsung Galaxy S II, available on T-Mobile, is the runner up as the best selling Android phone of 2012. Until the Galaxy S III was released, the Galaxy S II was the top Android handset offered by Samsung. The Galaxy S II features 4G LTE data speeds, a large 4.5” OLED display, DLNA wireless media streaming, 16 GB of internal memory, expandable memory slots, a 1.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S3 processor, and an 8-megapixel rear-facing HD camera.
3. Samsung Galaxy Note II – The Samsung Galaxy Note II, available on Verizon Wireless, had sales numbers impressive enough to land itself on this list. Featuring an enormous 5.5” HD display, the Samsung Galaxy Note II is almost a hybrid between a cell phone and a tablet. In addition to its huge screen, the Galaxy Note II offers an innovative stylus, 4G LTE data speeds, an 8-megapixel rear-facing camera, a huge battery, and a quad-core processor.
4. HTC Evo 4G LTE – The HTC Evo 4G LTE, available on Sprint, is the highest ranked non-Samsung smartphone on this year’s best selling Android phones. The HTC Evo 4G LTE features 4G LTE data speeds, 7.5 hours of talk-time, an 8-megapixel HD rear-facing camera, a Snapdragon S4 processor, NFC, expandable memory, and Beats Audio.
5. Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX – The Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX, available on Verizon Wireless, rounds out this year’s list of best sellers. Similar to the DROID RAZR HD, the DROID RAZR MAXX features a big battery, 4G LTE data speeds, a large 4.7” Super AMOLED display, 8-megapixel rear-facing camera, a 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera, and at just .37” thick is one of the world’s thinnest smartphones.
Those looking to compare the Android phones that appear on this list, as well as all other Android devices, can do so using the comprehensive Compare Android Phones tool ( http://www.myrateplan.com/cellphones/android-phones/ ) offered by MyRatePlan.
MyRatePlan.com, founded in 1999, has been a leader in the consumer and business comparison-shopping arena for over a decade. By developing proprietary tools and calculators, and employing a full-time staff of researchers and writers, MyRatePlan aims to simplify the decision process for buyers across a number of business and household verticals including mobile phones, wireless plans, business phone service, residential phone service, credit cards, insurance, satellite and cable TV, loans, Internet service, web hosting, and more.