With an overwhelming slate of cutting-edge handsets on the horizon, 2013 is definitely shaping up to be the year of the Android phone
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) January 17, 2013
Today, MyRatePlan.com, the authority mobile phone comparison site on the web, announced its predictions for the top five best Android phones of 2013. Cell phone industry experts from MyRatePlan took into account a number of factors to determine the best Android smartphones of 2013 including customer demand figures, manufacturer and handset history, anticipated features, technical specifications, and general hype surrounding the phones.
Here is the ranking of the top five best Android phones of 2013:
1. Samsung Galaxy S4 – The Samsung Galaxy S4, known also as the Samsung Galaxy S IV or SIV, is the runaway choice for the best Android smartphone of the year. The Samsung Galaxy S4 is rumored to sport a 4.99” Super AMOLED full HD touchscreen display, 440 ppi pixel density, 2 GHz quad-core Exynos processor, 2 GB of RAM, and a stunning 13-megapixel rear-facing camera. In addition the Samsung Galaxy S IV is predicted to feature wireless charging technology, and innovative battery saving options. Of course, the Samsung Galaxy S IV will also feature all the great features from the Samsung Galaxy S III. The Samsung Galaxy S 4 release date is rumored to be in the first quarter of 2013. The Samsung Galaxy S4 will be available on AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless, and Sprint.
2. Samsung Galaxy Note II – The Samsung Galaxy Note II, otherwise known as the Samsung Galaxy Note 2, was released in Q4 of 2012, but is sure to be one of the best Android phones of 2013. The Samsung Galaxy Note II sports a giant 5.5” Super AMOLED HD touchscreen display, 1.6 GHz quad-core Exynos processor, 8-megapixel rear-facing camera capable of 1080p HD video recording, 4G LTE connectivity, NFC mobile payment technology, 21 hours of talk time, and the innovative Samsung S Pen stylus.
3. Motorola X – Details are sparse on the Motorola X phone, but rumors point to it being announced in the Spring of 2013. The Motorola X is rumored to have hands-free gesture control, ultra-long battery life, a 1.50 GHz Snapdragon S4 processor, 2 GB of RAM, and a 13-megapixel rear-facing camera. Surprisingly, the Motorola X Android phone is also rumored to have a flexible display. It is still not known which carriers it will be available for.
4. Sony Xperia Z – The Sony Xperia Z, also known as the Sony Xperia Yuga internationally, was announced by Sony at CES 2013. The Sony Xperia Z is water proof up to 1 meter deep for 30 minutes, and features a 5” HD display, 2 GB of RAM, 13-megapixel rear-facing HD camera, NFC, and a quad-core 1.5 GHz Krait processor along with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
5. Google Nexus 5 – An LG executive hinted at CES 2013 that LG was working on a new phone rumored to be the Google Nexus 5. Very little is known about the Google Nexus 5 Android phone, but it is rumored to sport a 2 GHz quad-core processor, and the future version of Android called Android Key Lime Pie.
The same mobile phone experts who predicted the best cell phones of 2013 created this list of predictions. “With an overwhelming slate of cutting-edge handsets on the horizon, 2013 is definitely shaping up to be the year of the Android phone,” explained Logan Abbott, President of MyRatePlan. Samsung looks to retain its position as the top Android smartphone manufacturer, with Motorola, Sony, and HTC following closely behind.
MyRatePlan.com is a leading smartphone website that enables consumers to compare cell phones, and find the cheapest cell phone plans available using its comprehensive cell phone comparison tool: http://www.myrateplan.com/wireless_plans