Due to a multitude of new high-end and mid-range smartphones hitting the market just in time for the holidays, major cell carriers in the United States are scrambling to sign up new customers by offering deep discounts on most of their handsets
New York, NY (PRWEB) November 23, 2012
Today, MyRatePlan.com announced the top five available Black Friday cell phone deals. Starting early Friday morning, both online and brick-and-mortar retailers will be offering huge discounts in order to attract customers on the biggest holiday shopping day of the year. MyRatePlan analyzed hundreds of Black Friday mobile phone deals being offered by a AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, and T-Mobile, and ranked the top five best deals on this holiday season’s most popular phones based on savings percentage.
Here are the top five Black Friday smartphone promotions:
1. DROID RAZR by Motorola (Verizon Wireless) – In honor of Black Friday, Verizon Wireless is offering the brand new Cranberry-colored DROID RAZR completely free with a 2-year contract. Normally $99.99 with a 2-year contract, this promotion saves customers about $100 if they make their purchase on Friday, November 23rd. The DROID RAZR features a razor-thin handset design, 16GB of memory, 4G LTE connectivity, and NFC mobile payment technology.
2. Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Verizon Wireless) – Verizon Wireless is also offering the Galaxy Nexus for free on Black Friday instead of the normal price of $99.99. In order to qualify for this reduced price, customers have to make their purchase on Black Friday in addition to signing a 2-year contract. The Galaxy Nexus features Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, a 4.65” high definition display, and 4G LTE connectivity.
3. Samsung Galaxy Victory (Sprint) – Not to be outdone by AT&T and Verizon, Sprint is offering the new mid-level Samsung Galaxy Victory for free on Black Friday with any 2-year activation. The Samsung Galaxy Victory features 4G LTE, a blazing-fast 1.2 GHz dual-core processor, and mobile hotspot technology to let users create a high-speed wireless network wherever they take their phone.
4. Samsung Galaxy Note II (T-Mobile) – T-Mobile is also jumping into the Black Friday blowout sale frenzy by offering the all-new Samsung Galaxy Note II smartphone for just $199.99 with any new 2-year contract. Normally $299.99 with a 2-year contract, T-Mobile is offering this generous promotion on November 23rd, both in-store and online. The Galaxy Note II offers an enormous 5.5” HD display, an 8.1 megapixel rear-facing camera, 4G LTE connectivity, and an innovative stylus that gives users a whole host of new ways to interact with their cell phone.
5. All Tablets (AT&T) – Though tablets aren’t exactly cell phones, AT&T’s Black Friday tablet deal is too enticing not to be included on this list. AT&T is offering $100 off any tablet, including the new iPad and Galaxy Tab, as long as the customer purchases a 2-year 4G LTE service contract for their tablet.
The aforementioned Black Friday cell phone deals are only available on Friday, November 23rd. “Due to a multitude of new high-end and mid-range smartphones hitting the market just in time for the holidays, major cell carriers in the United States are scrambling to sign up new customers by offering deep discounts on most of their handsets,” explained Logan Abbott, President of MyRatePlan. Before committing to a 2-year contract on any cell phone, shoppers should compare cell phone plans across all four major carriers in order to determine which plan fits their needs the best.
MyRatePlan.com, founded in 1999, has been a leader in the consumer and business comparison-shopping arena for over a decade. By developing proprietary tools and calculators, and employing a full-time staff of researchers and writers, MyRatePlan aims to simplify the decision process for buyers across a number of business and household verticals including mobile phones, wireless plans, business phone service, residential phone service, credit cards, insurance, satellite and cable TV, loans, Internet service, web hosting, and more.