Contrary to what some people believe, seeking addiction help is actually an extremely courageous decision and one that should be celebrated – never criticized.
(PRWEB) January 30, 2014
Best Drug Rehabilitation, which provides its clients with extraordinary care and attention from a certified team of recovery experts, has published an important new blog post that explains why seeking addiction help is not a sign of weakness.
“Contrary to what some people believe, seeking addiction help is actually an extremely courageous decision and one that should be celebrated – never criticized,” commented Best Drug Rehabilitation’s CEO and founder Per Wickstrom. “Frankly, it takes guts for someone to admit that his or her addiction problem is too big for them to solve on their own, or without expert care and attention.”
The blog post further highlights several key reasons why individuals should make the decision to seek help for their addiction issues sooner rather than later. These reasons include:
- Dopamine levels spike each time they abuse drugs or alcohol, which will compel them to use more and more to regain that desired level.
- Drugs or alcohol will quickly become an all-encompassing obsession (if it hasn’t already), and will adversely impact all other areas of life.
- Individuals suffering from an addiction are unable to think clearly or make clear decisions while under the influence. These flawed decisions can and often do have serious long-term consequences.
On a more positive note, the blog post also focuses on the benefits of inpatient rehabilitation treatment, which include:
- A supportive environment staffed by caring and experienced professionals.
- An opportunity for individuals to take a “time out” from the stresses of life, and focus on rebuilding their physical, psychological and emotional health.
- An array of practical and proven tools to help individuals achieve sobriety and avoid relapses down the road.
“I know from personal experience that no matter how popular someone is or how many friends they have – or think they have -- addiction is an excruciatingly lonely experience,” added Per Wickstrom, who struggled with substance addiction in his youth. “The two key things that I want people to know are that they aren’t alone, and that the most courageous thing they might ever do is reach out and ask for help.”
The full text of Best Drug Rehabilitation’s new blog entitled “Why Seeking Addiction Help is Not a Sign of Weakness” is available at http://www.bestdrugrehabilitation.com/blog/treatment/why-seeking-addiction-help-is-not-a-sign-of-weakness/
For additional information or media inquiries, contact Amber Howe, Executive Director BDR, at (231) 887-4590 or ahowe(at)rehabadmin(dot)com.
About Best Drug Rehabilitation
Best Drug Rehabilitation offers treatment programs, and believes that having family close by during a stay in rehab can make a big difference in whether or not the process is successful. Led by CEO Per Wickstrom, Best Drug Rehabilitation also understands that recovering from an addiction is an intense emotional and physical challenge, and as such provides clients with a comfortable and private space that is safe and free of anxiety. Ultimately, Best Drug Rehabilitation offers recovery geared to the personalized needs of each client, which is an option that makes the chance for long-term success much more likely.
Learn more at http://www.bestdrugrehabilitation.com/