cash in on points to help cover hotel expenses for their summer travels
Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) June 29, 2011
CreditDonkey releases their list of the Best Hotel Credit Cards for the summer.
Travel saw a decline in recent years due to the recession but a recent study conducted by Cambria suites shows that the number of Americans with summer travel plans is actually up this year. The survey found that 67 percent of Americans have travel plans this summer, up from the 62 percent who traveled last summer. However, one-quarter of respondents indicate they plan on a “nearcation” (staying in a hotel but at a destination that is closer to home) and 19 percent are planning a “staycation” summer, going on daytrips but returning home each night.
CreditDonkey advises Americans to look into hotel rewards credit cards before they finalize their travel plans this summer. Through the benefits received with these cards, families may find room in their budget to change their staycation to a nearcation, or their nearcation to a vacation destination that is farther away from home.
With many cards offering bonus points at the time of the first purchase, consumers who open a hotel rewards card early in the summer may be able to cash in on points to help cover hotel expenses for their summer travels. But many consumers become overwhelmed when researching hotel rewards cards, giving up before they find the right card for their family.
CreditDonkey is freeing consumers from hours of homework by releasing its list of the top five hotel rewards credit cards currently available to consumers:
- Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card — The top choice by CreditDonkey. 10,000 Starpoints after your first purchase - good for a free night at a category 4 hotel. Receive your third night free at participating Sheraton hotels and resorts. No annual fee first year, then $65 annual fee
- Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature — 40,000 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points after making $1,000 in purchases within 4 months of account opening - enough for a free night at a Category 6 hotel, or three nights at a Category 2 hotel. $0 Annual Fee
- Marriott Rewards Visa Signature — 22,500 Bonus Points after your first purchase - enough for up to 3 free nights; plus receive a free night stay e-certificate upon account approval for a total of up to 4 free nights. No annual fee first year, then $30 annual fee
- Chase Freedom Visa — 5% cash back on up to $1,500 spent on gas, hotel and airline purchases from 7/1/2011 to 9/30/2011. $0 Annual Fee
- Miles by Discover Card — Up to 12,000 bonus miles (1,000 miles each month you make a purchase during the first year); Double miles on your first $3,000 in travel and restaurant purchases. $0 Annual Fee
With the help of these cards, families will be able to plan a more traditional summer vacation instead of having to settle for a staycation or nearcation.
CreditDonkey is a credit card comparison site that publishes credit card research, informed opinions and related news/trends that empower American consumers to make informed credit decisions. Use CreditDonkey and save time and money. For more information, go to http://www.creditdonkey.com.