New York, NY (PRWEB) December 15, 2014
Mundial Sports Network, the leading Latino Sports website, is proud to congratulate the 2014 Best Of The Best finalists. This is the third class of finalists since its inception in 2012.
Introducing the 2014 Best of the Best Finalists:
- Female College: Antonella Monrreal, Barry University, FL
- Male College: Martin Giordano, Stony Brook University, NY
- Female High School: Selena Cuara, Long Beach Polytechnic High School, CA
- Male High School: Ricardo Gonzalez, North Dallas High School, TX
The Mundial Sports Network is issuing Best of the Best Honorable Mentions based on online votes. The Mundial Sports Network will publish a profile of the athlete’s school soccer program in the Fútbol Mundial Magazine. Our honorable mentions are:
- Female College: Ana Penagos, Briarcliffe College, NY
- Male College: Mario Da Silva, United States Military Academy, NY
- Female High School: Shaina Conliffe, Venice High School, CA
- Male High School: Bernardo Vielma, South Garland High School, TX
Best of the Best recognizes Latino student-athletes that demonstrate unprecedented leadership both on and off the soccer field. Since 2012, Best of the Best has made a profound difference in the lives of student-athletes nationwide and the Latino community that supports them.
Twenty Best of the Best candidates from schools across the US were selected to compete in October 2014. The Mundial Sports Network visited each of their schools, producing twenty videos highlighting their empowering leadership and talent. The finalists were elected by an online vote and a panel of expert judges who based their decisions on the following criteria:
- Demonstrates unprecedented leadership and talent on the soccer field.
- Leads selflessly and acts as a role model both on and off the field.
- Displays significant mental and physical strength and fortitude to overcome personal and team athletic challenges.
- Demonstrates commitment and perseverance to his or her academic and athletic development, while sacrificing for the benefit of the team.
- While both training and competing, displays a strong work ethic and values.
The four Best of the Best finalists will each be honored with a Front Page Award from the Fútbol Mundial Magazine and FútbolMundial.com, a $1000 Scholarship ($500 for the student and $500 for the student’s school athletic program) and a catered Leadership Luncheon at the student’s school.
For more information about Best of the Best 2014, visit http://www.futbolmundial.com/bestofthebest or call Jennifer Ross at (516) 343-6247.
About Mundial Sports Network:
Mundial Sports Network is a leading Latino sports media company based in New York. Founded in 1999 by entrepreneur Felix Sencion, voted by Crain's as one of their "40 under 40" to watch, Mundial offers advertisers direct access to the highly coveted U.S. Hispanic male sports fan. Mundial Sports Network is #1 in reaching US Hispanic sports fans online (Ranking based on Mundial Sports Network's custom-defined ranking based on comScore data.) Coupled with its print magazines, Fútbol Mundial and Béisbol Mundial, Mundial Sports Network's ability to reach and engage U.S. Hispanic male sports fans uniquely positions the company to deliver incredible value on behalf of its advertiser partners. For more information, visit http://MundialSportsNetwork.com.