Author, J. Robert Whittle, Bows To Pressure and Continues Popular 'Victoria' Series

Share Article

Author, J. Robert Whittle today releases his highly anticipated third novel in the 'Victoria Chronicles' - this episode set in the Pacific Northwest at the end of WW1 during the deadly Spanish Flu Epidemic of 1918.

Victoria, BC, November 6, 2006 -- When J. Robert Whittle began writing his family-friendly novels, nothing was planned and, worse, he had no idea what he would do if people liked his first book.

Seven novels later, this now beloved Victoria author knows exactly what his readers want and 'Loyalty's Haven' is the eagerly-awaited third volume of his Victoria Chronicles.

Set in early 20th century Pacific Northwest, this historical novel series features roughly 95% real history and Whittle challenges readers to find the other 5%.

'Loyalty's Haven' continues the story of childhood friends, rum runners, Dan Brown and his fiance, Nancy Wilson, as they await news of the end of WW1 only to be devastated by the effects of the deadly Spanish Influenza Epidemic.

History buffs and, readers in general, appreciate the effort Whittle puts into his books by meticulously researching facts, including many real characters and all actual businesses of the time. This makes the books perfect tour guides and 'painless history' for school history classes.

Further volumes of the 2-book series were not planned, but readers' demands caused the author to bow to pressure, after all he admits, "I thoroughly enjoy the research and during the writing process my characters talk to me."

Book Three in the series, fondly referred to by fans as the 'Nancy and Dan Story,' will be officially released today, November 6th, by Whitlands Publishing.

Since 1998, assisted by his wife, Joyce, who runs the publishing company, Whittle has marketed his books to the summer market and Christmas craft show trade one-on-one, selling thousands of books each year and producing two bestsellers.

Thanks to avid record keeping, his audience is impressive, 45+ countries, every state and every province in North America, all credited to the tourists who visit Victoria.

Whittle has also written the 4-book 'Lizzie Series' and the first book of each of his series is a Canadian bestselling novel. He and his wife collaborate on a children's chapter book series, the 'Moonbeam Series.' All books as well as their audio products are available on the website.

Loyalty's Haven -- Victoria Chronicles, Book 3

0-9734383-8X $19.95 (PB)

0-9734383-98 $29.95 (HC)

5.5 x 8.5 320 pages

Ages: 14 - Adult

Review copies upon request.

###

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Joyce Sandilands
Visit website