I am excited to be part of sit-up and look forward to exploiting the opportunities that exist in both television and internet shopping to unlock the full potential of the business that Ian has helped to create.
(PRWeb UK) September 29, 2010
sit-up, a leading television home shopping company, has today announced that Ian Percival is resigning as Chief Executive and Wendelin Mueller who is currently Marketing Director will be appointed to this role on 30 September 2010.
Prior to joining sit-up Wendelin was partner of a major German business consulting firm bringing in experience from the field of distance retail as well as television with a special focus on marketing and sales functions. Commenting on his appointment, Wendelin said: “I am excited to be part of sit-up and look forward to exploiting the opportunities that exist in both television and internet shopping to unlock the full potential of the business that Ian has helped to create”.
Ian has been at the forefront of growing sit-up from the small start-up he joined in 2003, into a profitable £200 million turnover business. Commenting on the change, Ian said: “I have loved every minute of my time at sit-up and feel privileged to have worked with some very talented and dedicated people. I am confident that I am leaving behind a business that is well placed to achieve the next phase of its development.”
- sit-up is one of the largest home shopping retailers in the UK.
- More than 3 million customers have bought from our channels
- We operate the popular bid tv, price-drop tv and speed auction tv brands
- 2010 sees the launch of dibbing.com and pricedropper.co.uk which build on our reputation for entertainment shopping and great value products.
- Further information about sit-up and its products can be found at http://www.sit-up.tv , http://www.bid.tv , http://www.price-drop.tv , http://www.speedauction.tv, http://www.dibbing.com and http://www.pricedropper.co.uk.