Madison, WI (PRWEB) March 23, 2011
The 10th Annual International Bioethics Forum: Manifesting the Mind welcomes leaders in their fields to explore perspectives on human consciousness. Experts such as National Geographic’s Explorer Wade Davis, Mindfulness Researcher Richie Davidson, and Physicist Henry Stapp are just a few of researchers and thought leaders to present at the forum on April 28-29 in Madison, Wisconsin. (See full list below.)
With a subject that spans from physics and neuroscience to anthropology and ethnobotany, numerous perspectives will be part of this year’s forum including:
- ethnobotany and indigenous culture
- sleep, dream and wakefulness states
- the savant syndrome
- near death experiences
- quantum perspectives
- recent clinical studies of the therapeutic effects of entheogens
- mindfulness and meditation
In addition to presentations and panel discussions, this year’s Forum will provide an opportunity for more direct and in-depth discussions with presenters who will serve as table hosts for an optional Thursday dinner.
Featured presenters include:
- Richard J. Davidson, Ph.D. (Director, Waisman Laboratory for Brain Imaging and Behavior)
- Wade Davis, Ph.D. (Anthropologist/Ethnobotanist; Explorer-in-Residence, National Geographic)
- Roland Griffiths, Ph.D. (Professor of Behavioral Biology, Departments of Psychiatry and Neuroscience, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine)
- Kathleen Harrison (President & Project Director, Botanical Dimensions; Ethnobotanist)
- Jeremy Narby, Ph.D. (Anthropologist/Writer, Nouvelle Planète)
- David E. Nichols, Ph.D. (Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Purdue University)
- Sam Parnia, M.D., Ph.D., MRCP (Founder & Director, Human Consciousness Project, University of Southampton, U.K)
- Stephen Ross, M.D. (Assistant Professor, New York University, Langone Medical Center)
- Henry Stapp, Ph.D. (Researcher, Physics Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory)
- Giulio Tononi, M.D., Ph.D. (Professor of Psychiatry, University of Wisconsin- Madison)
- Darold A. Treffert, M.D. (Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health)
- Franz X. Vollenweider, M.D. (Professor, University Hospital of Psychiatry; Director, Neuropsychopharmacology and Brain Imaging & Heffter Research Center Zurich)
Manifesting the Mind will be held April 28-29 at Promega Corporation’s BioPharmaceutical Technology Center, located at 5445 E. Cheryl Parkway in Fitchburg Center, off of South Fish Hatchery Road.
For more information, or to register for the forum and dinner, please visit: http://www.btci.org.
The BioPharmaceutical Technology Center Institute and Promega Corporation are co-coordinating this event, joined by numerous supporters, including Michael Best & Friedrich LLP and the Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation as Platinum Sponsors.