Growing demand from household detergents and personal care applications expected to drive biosurfactant demand
San Francisco, California (PRWEB) April 16, 2014
The global market for biosurfactants is expected to reach USD 2,308.8 million by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Escalating consumer preference towards the use of bio-based products, particularly in Europe and North America is expected to increase biosurfactant penetration. In addition, stringent regulatory policies are further expected to augment the biosurfactant demand over the next six years.
Methyl Ester Sulfonate (MES) was the largest consumed biosurfactant, accounting for 33.26% of the 344 kilo ton global market in 2013. Its superior properties in terms of foaming and stability as compared to other surfactants make it ideally suited for use in household detergents. Other key biosurfactants include Alkyl Polyglucosides (APG), Sorbitan Esters and Sucrose Esters, with combined demand estimated at 115 kilo tons in 2013.
The report “Biosurfactants Market Analysis and Segment Forecast To 2020,” is available now to Grand View Research customers at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/biosurfactants-industry
Inquiry Before Buying @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/20
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- The global biosurfactant market is expected to reach 462 kilo tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 4.3% from 2014 to 2020.
- Household detergent was the largest application segment, consuming 153.5 kilo tons of biosurfactants in 2013. Growing demand for sustainable products in cleaning applications is expected to boost the demand for biosurfactants over the forecast period.
- Personal care applications are expected to gain significant share owing to the growing market for these products in Asia Pacific. In addition, growing consumer awareness regarding benefits of bio-based personal care products is expected to have a positive influence on the market. The demand for biosurfactants in personal care is expected to reach 50.7 kilo tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 4.5% from 2014 to 2020.
- Europe was the largest regional market for biosurfactants, with consumption of 178.9 kilo tons in 2013. High consumer awareness and demand for bio-based products is a key reason for the high penetration of biosurfactants. Asia Pacific was a relatively small market in 2013 but is expected to gain significant share over the next six years owing to the presence of large manufacturing industries in the region.
- The global biosurfactants market is consolidated with the top five companies catering to nearly 90% of global demand. Key players in the market include BASF Cognis, Ecover, Urumqui Unite, Saraya and MG Intobio.
Request Sample of this Report @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/request/20
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global Biosurfactants market on the basis of application, product and region:
- Biosurfactants Application Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• Household Detergents
• Personal Care
• Industrial & Institutional Cleaners
• Food Processing
• Oilfield Chemicals
• Agricultural Chemicals
• Other Markets
- Biosurfactants Product Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• Methyl Ester Sulfonates (MES)
• Alkyl Polyglucosides (APG)
• Sorbitan Esters
• Sucrose Esters
- Biosurfactants Regional Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
Latest Market Research Reports Published By Grand View Reserach:
PP (Polypropylene) Nonwoven Fabric Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020 (http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/polypropylene-nonwoven-fabric-market) The global PP (Polypropylene) nonwoven fabric market is expected to reach USD 30.61 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research Inc. Growing demand for baby diapers, adult incontinence and feminine disposable products is expected to remain a key driving factor for the global market over the next six years. In addition, increasing market penetration of PP nonwoven fabric for durable applications, mainly in Asia Pacific and Middle East countries, is also expected to have a positive impact on demand over the forecast period. However, volatility in polypropylene prices on account of constant fluctuations in crude oil prices is expected to remain a key challenge for the industry.
Smartwatches Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020 (http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/smartwatches-market) The global smartwatches market is expected to reach USD 19.62 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing companion device demand is expected to give impetus to demand for smartwatches. Increasing percentage of health/fitness conscious population has resulted in high demand for wearable fitness monitoring and tracking devices, including smartwatches.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights. For more information, visit http://www.grandviewresearch.com.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519