Increasing demand for effective vaccines and drugs to combat rising prevalence of chronic diseases is expected to drive market growth over the next six years.
San Francisco, California (PRWEB) May 30, 2014
The global market for biotechnology is expected to reach USD 604.40 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing application scope coupled with the rising demand for effective vaccines and drugs in an attempt to improve healthcare access to patients with unmet medical needs is expected to drive market demand over the next six years. In addition, the need to enhance agricultural productivity via the use of genetically engineered seeds is expected to serve this market as a driver.
Biopharmacy dominated the overall market, accounting for over 60% of the total revenue in 2013. High costs associated with the drug discovery process coupled with increasing healthcare expenditures in emerging markets such as India, China and Brazil are some of the factors augmenting biopahrmacy growth. Growing popularity of contract research outsourcing (CRO) services in an attempt to curb manufacturing and R&D costs are expected to drive bioservices demand, which is expected to be the fastest growing application market for biotechnology..
The report “Biotechnology (Biopharmacy, Bioservices, Bioagriculture, Bioindustrial, Fermentation, DNA sequencing, Tissue Engineering, Regeneration) Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020,” is available now to Grand View Research customers at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/biotechnology-market.
Request free sample of this report at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/biotechnology-market/request.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- North America was the largest regional market, accounting for over 40% of global revenue in 2013, with growth being driven by the presence of sophisticated healthcare infrastructure, high patient awareness levels and healthcare expenditure.
- Asia Pacific is expected to register the fastest CAGR of 14.8% during the forecast period owing to the presence of untapped opportunities in emerging markets such as India and China.
- Tissue engineering and regeneration technology dominated the market in terms of revenue share in 2013 at 32.5% on account of the rising demand for regenerative medicine.
- Key industry participants include Novo Nordisk, Amgen, Gilead Sciences, Celgene, Biogen Idic, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries, Merck KGaA, CSL, Regeneron, Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Shire PLC, Vertex Pharmaceuticals, BioMarin Pharmaceutical, Elan, Actelion, Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories, Seattle Genetics, Alkermes, Ariad Pharmaceuticals, Cubist Pharmaceuticals, United Therapeutics, Ipsen Group and DiaSorin.
Browse all Biotechnology Market Reports published by Grand View Research at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/biotechnology.
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global biotechnology market on the basis of application and region:
- Biotechnology Application Outlook
• Medical Gases
- Biotechnology Technology Outlook
• Tissue engineering and Regeneration
• PCR Tehnology
• Chromatography Market
• DNA Sequencing
• Cell Based Assay
- Biotechnology Regional Outlook
• North America
• Asia Pacific
Browse all upcoming reports at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/ongoing-reports.
Latest Reports Published By Grand View Research:
Asia Pacific (India, China, Australia, South Korea & Others) Insulin (Rapid Acting, Short Acting, Pre-Mixed, Long Acting, Type I & II Diabetes, Analogs & Recombinant Insulin) Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020 (http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/asia-pacific-insulin-market)
The Asia Pacific market for Insulin is expected to reach USD 15.04 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing regional prevalence of diabetes, increasing market penetration rates of modern insulin products in emerging markets such as India and China is expected to drive market growth during the forecast period. Furthermore, patent expiration of key products such as Lantus is expected to trigger the manufacturing of biosimilars from local manufacturers such as Biocon.
Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) Market Analysis By Application (Residential/Commercial, Chemical, Industrial, Auto Fuel, Refinery), By Source (Refinery, Associated Gas, Nonassociated Gas) And Segment Forecasts To 2020 (http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/liquefied-petroleum-gas-industry)
The global market for LPG is expected to reach USD291.42 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing population coupled with favorable regulatory support and subsidies are expected to be key driving factors for the market over the next six years. Limited application base is expected to be a challenge for industry participants. Residential/commercial uses emerged as leading application markets and accounted for 47.3% of total market volume in 2013, followed by chemical usage and accounted for 24.5% of total volume for the same year.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights. For more information, visit http://www.grandviewresearch.com/.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc