New York's Top 100 Events
New York, New York (Vocus) January 16, 2009
BizBash , the leading trade media publisher for the event planning industry, released its eighth annual list of "New York's Top 100 Events" today. Among the top events in the Benefits category are the Frick Collection's Young Fellows Ball and The Metropolitan Opera's Opening-Night Gala.
The BizBash editorial team ranked 100 events in 13 categories, identifying the most noteworthy and important events in nine industries, including fashion, media, advertising, PR, and art.
Here are the top events in the Benefits category:
1. Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute Benefit
2. Robin Hood Foundation Benefit
3. Whitney Museum of American Art Fall Gala
4. American Ballet Theatre Spring Gala
5. Frick Collection's Young Fellows Ball
6. The Museum of Modern Art's Party in the Garden
7. The Metropolitan Opera's Opening-Night Gala
8. New York Public Library Lions Benefit
9. Central Park Conservancy's Frederick Law Olmstead Awards Luncheon
10. Society of Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center Spring Gala
11. The New York Botanical Garden's Conservancy Ball
12. Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation's Kids for Kids Benefit
13. Friends of the High Line Benefit
14. Winter Antiques Show Opening Night Gala
15. Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater Opening Gala
16. New York City Ballet Opening Night
17. Breast Cancer Research Foundation Benefit
18. New York City Opera Spring Gala
19. Museum of the City of New York's Directors Council Winter Ball
20. Municipal Art Society Gala
These events are carefully vetted by BizBash editors and industry experts for relevance and importance, economic impact on the city, and innovative style.
"In a city that leads the world in fashion, finance, media, and advertising--to name a few--it takes something special to stand out. BizBash's annual list highlights the parties, trade shows, benefits, and parades that draw media buzz, tourism dollars, and top players in their field. … Although the wobbly economy is likely to have serious implications for every host here, you can bet these festivities will continue to draw attention in 2009," reads the editorial introducing the feature.
Since its founding in 2000, BizBash Media has become the event industry's leading source for inspiration, smart marketing strategies, and useful tools, helping to revolutionize the ways event professionals get ideas and connect with each other. Online and in print, BizBash serves six major markets: in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Toronto, Florida, and Washington, D.C. The BizBash National Venue Guide covers an additional 16 markets. BizBash also hosts event planner expos in New York City, Los Angeles, and Chicago. For more information, visit http://www.bizbash.com.
# # #