As the enterprise mobility market booms, the need for critical asset utilization information will only accelerate. But to support user and application growth, IT organizations should look first to software vendors like BoxTone who can do it all - alert to incidents, troubleshoot, engineer out chronic issues, empower the service desk, reduce costs, help ensure compliance and reduce risk.
Columbia, MD (PRWEB) November 14, 2007
BoxTone(R), the expert in mobile user management, announced today the general availability of its powerful new Asset, Expense and Compliance Management module; part of the award-winning BoxTone for BlackBerry mobile user management platform for Microsoft Exchange and IBM Lotus Domino.
The BoxTone Asset, Expense and Compliance Management module enables enterprises to unlock critical asset utilization information from their BlackBerry smartphone deployment through a series of data collection, analytics and reports. This optimized data can be used by various roles in the organization and can also be fed into centralized repositories such as CMDBs, Asset Management (AM) systems and Telecom Expense Management (TEM) systems.
"By automating the collection and organization of critical BlackBerry smartphone asset, expense and compliance information, an enterprise's finance, procurement, security & compliance and IT teams can better understand asset utilization, track security compliance, and more effectively operate the BlackBerry smartphone platform while planning for growth," said Alan Snyder, CEO of BoxTone. "This new Asset, Expense and Compliance Management software module from BoxTone is the next step in our comprehensive strategy to build out a mobile user management platform with plug-and-play modules essential for managing all aspects of the mobile lifecycle."
"For BoxTone, whose comprehensive software solution already proactively monitors the entire BlackBerry platform from smartphone to carrier to BlackBerry Enterprise Server to mail server, the addition of asset, expense and compliance management capabilities is a perfect fit," said Kitty Weldon, Principal Analyst, Enterprise Mobility for research firm Current Analysis. "As the enterprise mobility market booms, the need for critical asset utilization information will only accelerate. But to support user and application growth, IT organizations should look first to software vendors like BoxTone who can do it all - alert to incidents, troubleshoot, engineer out chronic issues, empower the service desk, reduce costs, help ensure compliance and reduce risk."
The BoxTone Asset, Expense and Compliance Management module enables an enterprise to answer the tough asset utilization-based questions such as:
- Inventory: What is the current status and configuration information (45+ points of critical data) for each BlackBerry user and smartphone?
- Utilization: Who are the high-use users of BlackBerry? Which BlackBerry users have not used their smartphones or not read email in the last 30, 60, 90 days?
- Expense: What is the actual BlackBerry usage data (user name, phone number, email volumes, data bytes transferred, etc.) to reconcile on a monthly basis with multiple wireless telecom bills?
- Lifecycle: What were the last three changes made to an individual user's BlackBerry smartphone (eg. enterprise activation, IT policy push, application install, password reset, DST patch applied, etc.)?
- Applications: Which BlackBerry smartphones have installed what applications, what is their version and when were they installed?
- Activity Compliance: Which BlackBerry smartphones were provisioned, decommissioned and wiped in the last 30 days? And verify the date of the successful smartphone wipe!
- Policy Compliance: Which users have which BlackBerry IT Policies (device-level and application-level) applied? And verify the date that the policies were successfully applied on the smartphone!
Now an enterprise's finance, procurement, security & compliance and IT teams can more easily and quickly:
- Manage BlackBerry smartphone asset lifecycles
- Re-capture and re-provision smartphones to meet changing business demands
- Ensure IT policy controls are in place and regulatory requirements are met
- Improve service levels while reducing cost to serve
BoxTone(R) -- the only software to measure and correlate every BlackBerry email and application flow for every user and group across all communication links -- is trusted by the world's leading enterprises and government agencies to manage and monitor their BlackBerry platforms. Armed with BoxTone's unprecedented 3-D visibility and role-specific consoles, IT help desk, operations and engineering can collaboratively reduce support costs, accommodate rapid device growth, and guarantee the high quality of service that mobile users demand. Learn more from the expert in mobile user management at http://www.boxtone.com.
BoxTone and the BoxTone logo are trademarks of BoxTone. All other product or company names mentioned are used for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.