Putting a little warmth and TLC into a property can be the difference between a home that sits and a home that sells. It doesn't have to cost a lot, a little sweat equity can really pay off.
Phoenix, AZ (Vocus) April 17, 2009
A buyer's first impression is an essential part of the selling process. Curb appeal can sell a home faster and typically for more money than a less attractive counterpart.
"There are some basic ways to increase the curb appeal of your home that you can do yourself," says Ron Manwaring of Blinds Chalet. "Putting a little warmth and TLC into a property can be the difference between a home that sits and a home that sells. It doesn't have to cost a lot, a little sweat equity can really pay off."
Blind Chalet's DIY Guide to Increase Curb Appeal
1. Window treatments are one of the few interior design choices that are visible from outside the home. The presence of window blinds can be aesthetically pleasing as well as offer some added security if the home is vacant.
2. Make your front door standout with a new coat of paint or stain. Make sure it's functioning properly. Oil the hinges if necessary. Clean the hardware (hinges, doorknob and lock).
3. If you are able, paint the entire house. If budget is tight paint trim, garage door and front door.
4. Look at your concrete, stone or asphalt and clean stains using a pressure washer. (Dawn dish soap can do wonders on oil stains in the garage). Pressure wash gutters and decking.
5. Spruce up by purchasing a few simple items like new house numbers, mailbox, doorbell, doorknocker, and welcome mat.
6. Maintain the landscaping. Keep it clean and remove debris and tree limbs. Define the edges of driveways and sidewalks. Mow, fertilize and water the lawn. Add colorful flowers or plants. If you are selling the house remotely, hire a landscaping company to maintain the lawn.
For more information on window blinds, Blinds Chalet or current trends in the industry contact Ron Manwaring at info (at) blindschalet (dot) com or by phone at: 1-888-633-7840 or 480-633-7840. Or visit Blinds Chalet online at http://www.blindschalet.com.
Contact: Ron Manwaring
Company: Blinds Chalet
Phone: 1-888-633-7840 or 480-633-7840
Email: info (at) blindschalet (dot) com
# # #