SafeConsole 4.0 is by far the most feature rich and easy-to-use secure drive management software we have worked with
Washington, DC (PRWEB) December 15, 2009
BlockMaster, a leading provider of manageable secure USB devices, today launches SafeStick and SafeConsole 4.0, designed to provide organizations with the ability to push out portable software (including virtualization), backup data and to effectively stop the flood of data breaches.
The solution has been designed to provide more adequate access control over USB flash drives, which are one of the main causes of data breaches. The new products incorporate several features to boost mobile productivity, while ensuring company information is completely secure.
Now SafeConsole server administrators also fully manage these additional new features for the organization’s SafeStick devices:
- Publisher - enables users to run a virtual laptop from any computer using a SafeStick secure USB device. The feature securely lets administrators deploy any software or content even when drives are in the field - a cost-efficient way to deploy solutions to mobile workers
- Authorized Autorun and FileBlocker activate anti malware, which protects drives and networks from day zero malware threats such as those that abuse the Autorun feature in Microsoft Windows when USB drives are inserted
- Backup - restores files if accidentally deleted, lost or misplaced by enabling drives to be re-created, which ensures minimal disruption to employee productivity
Also included is:
- LockOut - prevents unapproved USB devices accessing the corporate network and provides the quickest solution on the market for port control of flash drives
“We are constantly evolving our product to provide a simple solution to the complex issue of security and usability,” said Anders Pettersson, chief security officer at BlockMaster. “These new features will not only give administrators complete control over portable software, but also peace-of-mind that company information is always protected.”
SafeConsole now comes in three licensing options which organizations can upgrade to without any downtime depending on their need:
- SafeConsole Intro enforces the organization’s password policy
- SafeConsole Enforce includes the full range of policy enforcing features
- SafeConsole Enforce & Enable multiplies the benefits of SafeStick and SafeConsole and enables all productivity boosting features
SafeConsole Intro edition is included in every purchase of over 100 drives to enable organizations to ensure company set policies protects all devices. This is the only deal in the market that provides a management console bundled with USB drives to give complete control over portable information.
“SafeConsole 4.0 is by far the most feature rich and easy-to-use secure drive management software we have worked with,” said Ron Crawford, president, Inside the Box and New York City-based security reseller. “It allows our customers to gain complete visibility and control over their USB storage devices and helps them to meet their compliancy needs.”
SafeConsole is based on a subscription model and starts at $14 per seat. Volume pricing is available. Please contact a local authorized BlockMaster reseller for more information.
BlockMaster provides complete control of portable data. From SafeStick®, the smallest, fastest and most secure USB drive in the world, to SafeConsole®, its enterprise class life-cycle management tool, BlockMaster is the first choice for organisations wishing to get their business information locked, loaded and on-the-move in seconds.
Available worldwide through distribution in over 40 countries, BlockMaster is trusted to support the USB security needs of Fortune 500 businesses, government agencies and emergency services. Capable of securing up to 64 GB of data, SafeStick offers mandatory password protection and always-on encryption of all stored data. Easy to deploy, its unique SafeConsole allows administrators to track, manage and enforce acceptable use policy for every single drive, anywhere in the world.
For more information please visit: http://www.blockmastersecurity.com
Mital Joshi/Alex Brooks
+44 (0) 8453 707 024
Farrell Talbot Consulting
Erin Farrell Talbot