The entire world is moving toward open source
Berkeley, CA (PRWEB) December 17, 2009
- Today Blogtronix announces official launch of Sharetronix the open-source version of its new micro-social platform. Sharetronix is the only enterprise-level, micro-blogging software available as an open source product.
- Sharetronix already powers over 1,500 micro-social communities in 74 countries and in 12 languages as a result of Blogtronix's release of a beta version of the software (available to download) at November's Web 2.0 Expo in New York City
- The release of Sharetronix coincides with Blogtronix' preparations for the soft-launch of its hosted micro-social product called blogtronixMicro early next week. Sharetronix is the free version and blogtronixMicro is the premium version; priced at $1 per seat per month.
- With the release of Sharetronix, Blogtronix becomes the only major company in the social media sector that offers a complete suite of engagement software along with both a hosted and an open-source micro-blogging platform.
- In addition to micro-blogging, Sharetronix adds elements from the complete Blogtronix platform to make it a truly micro-social platform including; social networking, user profiles, a real-time dashboard, advanced search, tagging, RSS aggregation, advanced search and activity feeds.
- Sharetronix boasts the most powerful set of features available in open-source, including rich multimedia and multilingual support.
- With the goal of using the price and flexibility of an open source platform to drive adoption within large businesses, universities, non-profits and the public sector; Sharetronix will compete with paid services like Yammer and Social Text in the enterprise level, micro-blogging sector.
- A key feature exclusive within the enterprise space to Sharetronix is the ability to create open public communities, thereby expanding the ability of the enterprise or organization to reach out to customers and promote their brand.
- The open source version will help Blogtronix tailor its premium micro-social product to the needs of its customers, and provide for a strong base of users as it launches its premium offering.
What Blogtronix Is Saying
- "The entire world is moving toward open source," said CEO Vassil Mladjov, "It's more innovative, development occurs within a community of passionate users, thus creating faster adoption and more meaningful results."
- "The over 1,500 communities we now power has been instrumental in helping us develop what we believe is a world-class platform," added Sean Engmann, the COO of Blogtronix. "I am eager to show off the innovations learned from these communities, when we launch our premium version".
Founded in 2005 and based in Berkeley, CA, Blogtronix is a pioneer social software company that was one of the first companies in the world to offer a comprehensive social software suite. It is dedicated to helping companies maximize their valuable asset, their employees, while bringing them closer to their customers and increasing their visibility by providing them with the agility to adapt quickly to any situation and the tools to maximize the flow of information both inside and outside of their organization. For more information, visit http://www.blogtronix.com.
Attn: Public Relations
2332 4th St, Suite C
Berkeley, CA 94710
Phone: (510) 665-8012
# # #