The effects of a health-care overhaul are staggering, not just for the insured, but for corporations, investors, governments and the medical industry as a whole.
New York, NY (PRWEB) March 11, 2010
The Bloomberg Health & America Briefing, to be held April 27th at the University of Chicago Gleacher Center, will feature a full day of sessions on the most timely and important questions facing the healthcare industry's key stakeholders. The goal is to examine the central challenges involved in implementing health-care reform -- controlling costs while improving quality -- and the impact that effort will have on industry, through the eyes of the experts on this issue.
No matter the outcome of the efforts underway in Congress, health-care reform is a top priority in the U.S. The effects of a health-care overhaul are staggering, not just for the insured, but for corporations, investors, governments and the medical industry as a whole.
The format will be a series of live, on-stage interviews designed to get to the core of the issues and elicit new, actionable information for those whose livelihoods most depend on the outcome of the health-care debate.
Award-winning Bloomberg journalists and other experts will conduct one-on-one interviews with leaders including:
- Eric E. Whitaker, MD, MPH, Executive Vice President, Strategic Affiliations and , Associate Dean, Community-Based Research, The University of Chicago Medical Center
- J. James Rohack, M.D., President, American Medical Association (AMA)
- Darrell G. Kirch, M.D., President and CEO, Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC)
- Maureen Bisognano, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI)
- David T. Brooks, Chief Executive Officer, Providence Regional Medical Center Everett
- Jon R. Cohen, M.D., Senior Vice President and Chief Medical Officer, Quest Diagnostics
- Bill Conroy, CEO and President, Initiate, an IBM Company
- Les Funtleyder, MPH, Healthcare Strategist, Miller Tabak + Co., LLC
The Bloomberg Health & America Briefing is a production of Bloomberg LINK, organizer of summits, briefings and events. For information on sponsoring, attending or speaking at the Bloomberg Cities & Debt Briefing or any other Bloomberg LINK event, visit http://www.bloomberglink.com or call (212) 647-6530.