“We’ve exceeded our own expectations by a significant margin and accomplished in one year what we set out to do in our five-year growth plan."
Hood River, OR (PRWEB) February 23, 2011
Full-service digital agency, Blue Collar Interactive, announces a successful first year of phenomenal growth. After opening up shop in January of 2010, Blue Collar has exceeded revenue goals, signed an impressive roster of marquee clients, launched award-winning web projects, grown the team and service offering, and expanded into brand-new office space. Given the challenging economic times that businesses have faced in the last year, the Blue Collar team has proven that their nimble business model is built to thrive by offering a full suite of interactive marketing services, and by bringing blue collar work ethic and values to the client-agency relationship.
“Blue Collar had an incredible first year,” said Rob McCready, Partner and Director of Account Services at Blue Collar. “We’ve exceeded our own expectations by a significant margin and accomplished in one year what we set out to do in our five-year growth plan, all while staying true to our core value of always putting the creative first, and working hard to exceed our clients’ expectations.”
Over the course of the year, Blue Collar signed and launched successful projects with key clients such as Extensis, InFocus, Sigma Corporation of America, MailChimp, Rollic, Habitat for Humanity and Regence. Some of the major project launches include:
- FontFuse—Blue Collar created FontFuse (http://FontFuse.WebINK.com) for leading software developer, Extensis, to showcase their WebINK font library. FontFuse is a first-0f-its-kind font pairing design resource that allows designers to explore over 2,000 high-quality web fonts and to create font pairings that can be shared, rated and commented on.
- Sigma Photo—After launching a brand-evolving redesigned website for Sigma Corporation of America (http://www.sigmaphoto.com), Blue Collar was named Interactive Agency of Record, and took over US digital strategy and online marketing for Sigma, including content development, online advertising and email marketing.
- InFocus—Blue Collar headed up the product launch of the new line of InFocus thin panel displays with a microsite (http://thindisplay.infocus.com) that serves to educate consumers about the benefits of the “Productivity Panel” and capture valuable leads for the sales team. After successful completion of this project, Blue Collar was invited to continue the relationship as Interactive Agency of Record, redesigning the InFocus corporate website, and developing a comprehensive marketing platform.
- MailChimp—Email service provider, MailChimp tasked Blue Collar with creating an iPhone specific version of their website (http://www.bluecollaragency.com/blog/?p=896) so mobile visitors can easily view MailChimp’s features, pricing, demos and campaign tracking. Blue Collar also assisted MailChimp with creative content for their website (http://www.mailchimp.com).
- Rollic—Blue Collar was excited to assist Rollic, a new outdoor brand inspired by dirt, water and snow, with their brand development and creation of a new website (http://www.rollicgear.com). The action-packed site integrates e-commerce, CMS and social media with an immersive brand experience.
Thanks to these successful projects and new accounts, Blue Collar reported 2010 accrued gross revenue of $783,000 (not including media). They have been recognized in numerous publications for their work including AdWeek, AdPulp, Dexigner, HOWMagazine.com, Smashing Magazine, NewWebPick and the Portland Business Journal. And have received numerous accolades including the Web Marketing Association Web Awards, Interactive Media Awards, American Design Awards and the DOPE Awards.
The Team & Services
As the Blue Collar Interactive client roster has grown, so has the team and service offering. Starting out with five industry veterans who launched the agency, Blue Collar has grown their team to now include 13 talented “mechanics”. Starting with their core specialized talents, the founding partners focused on interactive strategy and creative services applied to digital marketing. The latest suite of services includes:
- Creative Services: Brand Development, Concept, Design, Copywriting, Information Architecture, Video/Image Production
- Technical Development: Front-End Development, Back-End Development, Information Technology, Co-location Hosting
- Account Services: Strategy, Planning, Account Management, Project Management, Quality Assurance
- Online Marketing: Online Advertising, Analytics, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing, Social Media, Mobile
After starting off with humble beginnings in the agency founders’ Hood River homes, then moving into a small studio space in the spring, the Blue Collar team has now expanded into their own shop, constructing the new office from scratch. Referred to as “The Garage,” the open loft studio is complete with a restored 1951 Sinclair gas pump, vintage automobile grilles, and a conference room referred to as “the combustion chamber.” Take a look at photos of this unique space here: http://bluecollaragency.com/bc/new_garage
“We marked the close of an epic 2010 for Blue Collar by cutting the ribbon to our new office here in Hood River,” said April Donovan, Partner and Creative Director at Blue Collar. “It’s exciting to build an inspired creative space that fires up great ideas, incites collaboration and is a place people enjoy coming to every day.”
Coming Full Circle
When Blue Collar Interactive opened up shop last year, they kicked off with a campaign to find a deserving local organization in need of creative interactive marketing services. Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East was selected and awarded $20,000 in agency services. Blue Collar has since helped the organization develop an SEO strategy and analytics platform for their website, and contributed to a video for Habitat’s largest annual fundraising event. Commitment to community from the very inception of the agency demonstrates the core of Blue Collar’s culture of shared success.
For more information about Blue Collar Interactive and their suite of services, visit: http://www.bluecollaragency.com and a full 2010 year-end wrap up can be found on the Blue Collar blog: http://www.bluecollaragency.com/blog/?p=1101