Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) September 13, 2012
“The Global Body Armor and Personal Protection Market 2012-2022” offers the reader detailed analysis of the global body armor and personal protection market over the next ten years, alongside potential market opportunities to enter the industry, using detailed market size forecasts.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
The demand for body armor and personal protection equipment is anticipated to be driven by internal and external security threats, territorial disputes, modernization initiatives, technological innovations, and a general shortage of body armor across the world. Cumulatively, the global market is expected to value US$19.4 billion during the forecast period. The market is expected to be dominated by North America, followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific. Despite the economic downturn in Europe, the region''s share of the global market is projected to increase during the forecast period due to the scheduled deployment of various modernization programs that have been initiated in previous years.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
The global body armor and personal protection market is currently characterized by rapidly growing demand and not enough supply. Since combat operations began in Iraq and Afghanistan, the US and allied forces have borne the brunt of frequent and deadly attacks from insurgents using various weapons such as improvised explosive devices (IED), mortars, rocket launchers, and increasingly lethal ballistic threats.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
“The Global Body Armor and Personal Protection Market 2012-2022” provides detailed analysis of the current industry size and growth expectations from 2012 to 2022, including highlights of key growth stimulators. It also benchmarks the industry against key global markets and provides detailed understanding of emerging opportunities in specific areas.
Key Features and Benefits
The report provides detailed analysis of the market for body armor and personal protection during 2012-2022, including the factors that influence why countries are investing or cutting defense expenditure. It provides detailed expectations of growth rates and projected total expenditure.
- Ceradyne, Protective Products Enterprises, BAE Systems, Ballistic Body Armour, Combat Clothing Australia, ArmorSource, Honeywell, Survitec Group, Plasan Sasa Composite Materials, Anjani Technoplast, M Cubed Technologies, Sarkar Defence Solutions, Point Blank Body Armor, Defense Industries International, TenCate Advanced Armour
- The body armor that most forces around the world wear in combat zones is effective against ballistic threats but the loads that dismounted soldiers and marines carry on patrol are very heavy, and a large portion of this load can be attributed to body armor. In order to tackle these weight issues, the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2011 includes a mandate for a federally funded research and development program aimed at conducting a study of processes by which body armor can be lightened. In recent years industry participants have also been carrying out similar programs, concentrating on reducing the weight of the torso armor as most of the body armor weight is in protecting the torso area of the body.
- The US is expected to follow past trends and record budget cuts during the forecast period but these cuts are not expected to affect the country’s body armor and personal protection procurement programs. The US Department of Defense declared in a January 2012 press release statement that the US Army is preparing for a smaller infantry but a better equipped and optimally trained force. In the 2010 US Army Modernization Strategy (AMS), significant emphasis was placed on improving personal protection for ground troops, and the US Department of Defense is expected to continue upgrading its existing body armor and protective headgear capabilities in order to remain the dominant land force globally.
- The current warfare scenario across the globe entails soldiers to undertake combat or patrol missions in urban areas where insurgents mingle with civilians and often use them as shields. In such scenarios the soldiers are regularly confronted with ambush traps and sniper fire. As such it has become imperative for countries to equip their soldiers with the latest in body armor technology and also to ensure that ground forces that operate in hostile terrain have been provided adequate personal protection equipment.
- A significant number of countries are investing in the development of their domestic body armor and personal protection capabilities by establishing strategic alliances and technology transfer agreements with established global manufacturers. In addition to improving the indigenous capabilities of a domestic firm, this provides the foreign company with an opportunity to cater to a new market. This is especially true in today’s economic scenario, in which companies are looking to maximize efficiencies and cut costs.
Buy your copy of this report @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/190757-the-global-body-armor-and-personal-protection-market-2012-2022.html
Contact email@example.com for further information.
ReportsnReports.com (http://www.reportsnreports.com/) is an online market research reports library of 200,000+ in-depth studies of over 5000 micro markets. We provide 24/7 online and offline support service to our customers.