With such excessive and constant stress in our everyday lives with work, family, relationships, and finances - the adrenal glands lose their ability to function properly and adrenal fatigue sets in
Boca Raton, FL (PRWEB) July 10, 2008 -
Bioidentical hormone therapy physicians are noticing an increase of patients suffering from adrenal fatigue according to BodylogicMD. Women and men who suffer the side effects of menopause and andropause (the male menopause) often complain of stress, fatigue, depressed sex drive, weight gain, and anxiety - all of which are indicators of adrenal stress from high cortisol levels. These symptoms of menopause and andropause, which are common precursors to adrenal fatigue, are often misdiagnosed and never properly treated.
BodyLogicMD physicians successfully treat and prescribe adrenal stress and adrenal fatigue with bioidentical hormone therapy, adrenal boosters and lifestyle changes. BodyLogicMD anti-aging physicians prescribe adrenal boosters from pharmaceutical grade supplements such as Metagenics, Orthomolecular and Wilson adrenal line of products.
BodyLogicMD's Regimen for Treating Adrenal Fatigue:
1. Diagnostic adrenal testing, including comprehensive saliva tests to determine cortisol levels and amounts produced. Saliva tests, done four times in a day, are one of the most comprehensive methods for determining your body's reaction to adrenal stress
2. Adding bioidentical hormone therapy when necessary
3. Supplementing with a good multi-vitamin, B-complex vitamins, vitamin C, magnesium, adaptogenic herbs, and DHEA supplements to help sustain adrenal function
4. Avoiding hydrogenated fats, excess caffeine, refined carbohydrates, alcohol and sugar
5. Eating a diet that includes plenty of quality protein with regular meals of high nutritional value
6. Getting plenty of sleep so the adrenals can repair overnight
7. Taking time to evaluate daily and situational stressors and practice stress management
8. Gentle exercise, meditation, and yoga
"With such excessive and constant stress in our everyday lives with work, family, relationships, and finances - the adrenal glands lose their ability to function properly and adrenal fatigue sets in," said Dr. Alicia Stanton, Chief Medical Officer of BodyLogicMD. "We recommend a custom prescription of pharmaceutical grade supplements designed to treat stress and adrenal fatigue as well as nutrition and lifestyle changes."
When adrenal function is compromised, men and women report the following symptoms:
- Cravings for carbohydrates, sweets or salt
- Feeling tired despite sufficient hours of sleep
- Hair loss
- Intolerance to cold
- Poor immune function
- Reliance on stimulants like caffeine
- Weight gain
"We have seen tremendous response to our multi-faceted approach to treating adrenal fatigue, especially when our patients come to us in the early stages," says Dr. Stanton. "We can actually reverse the symptoms and help rebuild adrenal function. This has such a positive impact on overall health, as well as a resulting psychological boost, both of which help our patients regain health and physical balance. They also report feeling more energetic and youthful with the added benefit of an increased libido."
Founded in 2003, BodyLogicMD is a network of highly trained physician-owned practices specializing in natural bioidentical hormone therapy integrated with fitness and nutrition for men and women suffering from hormonal imbalance, menopause and andropause. Suzanne Somer's latest book Ageless: The Naked Truth About Bioidentical Hormones, features BodyLogicMD as an expert source. For more information and to find the BodyLogicMD location nearest you visit: http://www.bodylogicmd.com.
Subscribe to the BodyLogicMD blog with weekly hormone therapy news and views at: http://bodylogicmd.wordpress.com/.
To see a video with Dr. Eric Honing, BodyLogicMD Arizona speaking about adrenal fatigue click here.