We have been seeing unending growth in the number of video bloggers, the quality of their content and the size of their viewing audiences. With all this expansion, of course new market opportunities also arise
New York, NY (PRWEB) September 25, 2006
Booyah Networks, Inc., announced the beta launch of SpotXchange, its auction-based video ad serving platform at The IAB’s Mixx Conference this week. The SpotXchange self-service tools are now publicly available to both publishers and advertisers. Publishers in the initial beta launch phase include blip.tv, VideoEgg, Pricefish.com, Vmix.com, Panjea.com, LSN Productions, Jambotv.com, JamboVideoNetwork.com, 365JokePlace.com and more.
“We have been seeing unending growth in the number of video bloggers, the quality of their content and the size of their viewing audiences. With all this expansion, of course new market opportunities also arise,” said blip.tv CEO Mike Hudack. “SpotXchange is absolutely doing the right thing by offering a powerful and neutral marketplace that all content creators and advertisers can benefit from. We are thrilled to offer our users the chance to participate and reap further rewards for the great work they do as they create the next generation of entertaining video shows.”
Research firm eMarketer estimates video-related advertising will surge to $2.4 billion by 2010, up from $385 million in 2006. Publishers and advertisers face unique challenges in capitalizing on the opportunities posed by this emerging space. Publishers need a platform that will facilitate the sales and ad delivery process, while advertisers require the means to target and control their online video ad campaigns, in real-time.
SpotXchange was designed with these challenges in mind. By connecting publishers and advertisers, SpotXchange allows video ad spots to be purchased and published more fluidly and cost effectively than traditional ad networks or static, fixed price, negotiated contracts.
“We’ve all watched the phenomenons of YouTube and MySpace. Users are consuming professionally-produced and user-generated videos online at increasingly significant rates,” said Booyah’s President and CEO, Michael Shehan. “We are making it easier for advertisers and publishers to navigate this new marketing channel. The self-service tools and real-time performance statistics provide advertisers the same control, ease and flexibility of campaign management that direct response marketers get with sponsored search. SpotXchange also creates a more competitive marketplace by aggregating advertisers into an auction-based platform, which increases revenues for publishers.”
- Sell more streaming video inventory by allowing an aggregated group of advertisers and agencies to compete for available ad slots through an open exchange system.
- Deliver a variety of targeted video ads through a call to the SpotXchange system. The call contains information about available impressions, including max duration of the commercial, consumer location, banner size requested, video format (Windows, Flash, or QuickTime), etc.
- Control which commercials play on their site and effectually maintain brand integrity.
- See how their content is being monetized with an advance reporting interface that updates dynamically.
- Provide a private label platform allowing publishers to auction off their own inventory using the SpotXchange platform.
- Upload video commercials, corresponding banners, and tracking URLs using SpotXchange’s powerful ad builder product. Advertisers can even shoot a commercial, directly load the footage from a video camera and edit using SpotXchange ad builder tools.
- Access and sponsor a deep pool of available inventory from one marketplace within minutes, not days as in traditional sponsorships.
- Target by publisher, geographic location (country, state, city, zip or DMA), daypart (time-of-day and date), demographic and contextual category.
- Access immediate performance stats.
- Optimize campaigns dynamically with no minimum spend commitments.
About Booyah Networks
Booyah Networks (http://www.booyahnetworks.com) founded in 2001, is an online marketing and technologies company. Divisions, The Booyah Agency (http://www.thebooyahagency.com) and SpotXchange (http://www.spotxchange.com) leverage Internet expertise, technologies and distribution tactics to maximize online marketing efforts for clients. In 2006 Booyah was ranked #1 in the Advertising/Marketing category on the Inc. 500 list of fastest growing private companies in America.