Conshohocken, PA (PRWEB) August 3, 2006 ––
Fall 2006 showcases two distinct inspirational bridal themes, one evoking a regal, Victorian feel, boasting graceful wedding gown styles fit for an estate wedding, while the other epitomizes city chic, incorporating vintage styling with a updated twist. While undoubtedly different, each evokes feelings of earlier decades, combining the traditional with a modern flair. These trends provide brides-to-be with an assortment of exquisite silhouettes in lavish fabrics, making the search for the gown of your dreams easier than ever.
On the forefront of these trends is David's Bridal (http://www.davidsbridal.com), the only national bridal retailer. With more than 260 bridal shops across the country, the trusted brand offers a variety of elegant wedding gowns (http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridalcollection.jsp), bridesmaid dresses (http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridalparty.jsp) and accessories (http://www.davidsbridal.com/accessories.jsp) designed to reflect the current themes, as well as timeless classics. While the selection of gowns this fall offers a variety of hemlines and silhouettes, a richness of both fabric and color palate remains constant.
Regal Reigns Supreme
- Bridal (http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridalcollection.jsp) -- Evoking a poetic feeling of the Victorian era, the “princess bride” will feel at home in the styles inspired by this theme. Characterized by luxury, with an infusion of drama, these wedding gowns are reminiscent of the mood and moment of a John Singer Sargent portrait. Bustled skirts, pick up ball gowns and ruched sheers all help to reinforce opulence, in fabrics such as tissue taffeta, satin Lamour, organza and lace. Antique beading and thread work, with a mixture of silver and gold tones add sparkle, against gowns in predominantly rich tones of ivory, gold and almond. This romantic wedding gown style is best captured in a beaded lace corset gown featuring a chapel train, and pick-up skirt (style #T8946R (http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridal_gowns_detail.jsp?stid=2632&prodgroup=10): $499)
- Bridal Party (http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridalparty.jsp) -- In harmony with the bridal styles, the bridal party also speaks to the luxury of the Victorian period. Gowns characterized by voluminous skirts and strapless bodices in rich jewel-tones – such as malachite, regency, citrine and cypress -- evoke an affluent feel. Deep blues are also prominent in shades of oasis and calypso. Touches of velvet in sashes, ribbons and trims add texture and depth, while tulle, lace and novelty illusion hems peeking out from beneath short skirts, add a bit of allure to bridesmaid’s gowns. Allover pleating on skirts, inset in trains and shaped into bodices is also an important styling trend. These Victorian influences are best seen in a satin, strapless, pick-up ballgown with a sash at the waist, that is undoubtedly elegant (style #81123 (http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridesmaids_detail.jsp?stid=2326&prodgroup=110) : $180)
- Accessories (http://www.davidsbridal.com/accessories.jsp) -- Elegant bridal accessories are the perfect accompaniment for this regal bride and her attendants, featuring antique-inspired jewelry, swept up Gibson locks with dazzling hair accessories and ethereal veils with elaborate beading and metallic details. Bridal jewelry and tiaras boast combinations of crystals and pearls, setting a graceful tone. Closed toe and peek-a-boo shoes also add an air of romance and mystique.
- Bridal (http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridalcollection.jsp) -- A perfect fit for the more sophisticated bride, bridal gowns illustrating influences from this trend are reminiscent of the late 1950’s. Drawing from the clean, classic elegance of Audrey Hepburn and Grace Kelly, these ladylike styles walk the line between bridal and cocktail attire, with silhouettes in varying lengths. Perfect for a reception at a chic venue, these modern wedding gowns are fashioned of fabrics such as taffeta, chiffon, jersey, stretch mesh and lace and feature jewel encrusted trims and back interest. A variety of necklines from sweetheart to deep “V” add drama and flair. Colors stray from the mainstream, using metallic and deep neutral accents. A beaded, embroidered halter from Galina evokes this theme, featuring a pleated chiffon bodice and satin sheath skirt (style #Y8977 (http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridal_gowns_detail.jsp?stid=2661&prodgroup=10) : $399)
- Bridal Party (http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridalparty.jsp) -- Bridesmaid gowns inspired by this trend feature similar silhouettes to their bridal counterparts, in metallic brocades, velvet and satin fabrics. Vintage details, as well as chain belts and waist treatments, take center stage. Hemlines vary from tea to floor length. A deep neutral color palate, with colors such as redwood, cognac and truffle, adds an elegant tone whereas the antique gold and titanium hues that are also favored reinforce the vintage feel of the gowns. For the sophisticated bridesmaid, a strapless, taffeta bubble gown combines the allure of 1950’s glamour with the understated elegance and whimsy seen on today’s runways (style #81255 (http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridesmaids_detail.jsp?stid=2678&prodgroup=110) : $130)
- Accessories (http://www.davidsbridal.com/accessories.jsp) -- Bridal accessories based on this trend include long, layered necklaces, sparkling crystal jewels with the look of “real” and embellished waist treatments, perfect for the “city bride.” Coordinating embellishments on shoes and handbags help to add detail to an ensemble. Bridal veils are narrow in silhouette and augment the architectural styling of the gowns. Hair is also an important element, often topped with a flower or a small hat, or swept up in a chignon to add to the cocktail party feel
No matter what your style, the new fall 2006 trends -- available at David’s Bridal shops -- offer today’s brides an unparalleled selection of affordable and luxurious wedding gowns and accessories to make every wedding dream come true.
About David's Bridal:
With more than 50 years of bridal experience, David's Bridal understands the importance of providing brides-to-be with a vast selection of exquisitely crafted dresses, available at affordable prices. Today, with more than 260 locations nationwide, David's Bridal continues to expand its retail store locations, while maintaining its philosophy of superior quality, value and service. To locate a store nearby, consumers can call 1-877-693-BRIDE or visit http://www.davidsbridal.com. David's Bridal is a division of The Federated Department Stores Company. (NYSE: FD).
Catherine Pope/ Jamie Rudolph
212.598.4400 ext. 172/ext. 162
# # #