After examining several options, we chose Broadlane for demonstrated, proven results in contract workforce management and cutting-edge technology.
Dallas, TX (Vocus) July 9, 2009
Broadlane announced today the signing of an exclusive agreement with Scottsdale Healthcare based in Scottsdale, Arizona. Scottsdale Healthcare has selected Broadlane Workforce Management® to help manage the $9 million annual workforce spend at their three acute care hospitals.
Scottsdale Healthcare will utilize Broadlane Workforce Management to streamline and enhance all aspects of the clinical contract workforce process including: agency contracting, agency staff requisition and fulfillment, credential and performance tracking, time tracking and reverse invoicing.
"We required a solution for our temporary workforce needs that offered cost savings, efficiency and an all-inclusive technology platform," said Judie Goe, director, Talent Acquisition and Development, Scottsdale Healthcare. "After examining several options, we chose Broadlane for demonstrated, proven results in contract workforce management and cutting-edge technology."
Broadlane's proprietary Web-based vendor management system - wfx™ Workforce Exchange - will allow Scottsdale Healthcare to efficiently assess the availability and credentials of staff from their contracted agencies to help validate the quality of contract nursing and allied health staff working in Scottsdale Healthcare hospitals.
"We are pleased to welcome Scottsdale Healthcare as a Broadlane Workforce Management client," said Jeff Ondeck, senior vice president, Broadlane Workforce Management. "Our proven workforce management solutions will provide consistency to Scottsdale Healthcare's system-wide contract workforce spend and streamline workforce management to deliver increased efficiencies and savings."
About Scottsdale Healthcare:
Scottsdale Healthcare is the Scottsdale, Arizona-based not-for-profit parent organization of the Scottsdale Healthcare Osborn Medical Center, Scottsdale Healthcare Shea Medical Center and Scottsdale Healthcare Thompson Peak Hospital, Virginia G. Piper Cancer Center, Scottsdale Clinical Research Institute, Scottsdale Healthcare Home Health Services and Scottsdale Healthcare Community Health Services. It is credentialed as an academic teaching hospital system by the Association of American Medical Colleges' Council of Teaching Hospitals.
Through its Scottsdale Clinical Research Institute, Scottsdale Healthcare is a primary clinical research site for the Translational Genomics Research Institute and a clinical site for the Stand Up To Cancer Dream Team pancreatic cancer research project. Scottsdale Healthcare is a recognized leader in bringing research from the laboratory to the patient, supporting clinical trials for cancer, cardiovascular, metabolic and other diseases.
Scottsdale Healthcare Osborn Medical Center
- 337 acute care hospital, Level I Trauma Center, Primary Stroke Center, Chest Pain Center, Family Medicine Residency Program, Military Trauma Training Program, Trauma, Cardiac, Orthopedics, Neurosciences, Renal, Oncology, Diabetes, and Wound Care programs
Scottsdale Healthcare Shea Medical Center
- 433 bed acute care hospital, 24-hour Emergency Department with children's ER, Chest Pain Center, Cardiac, Oncology, Orthopedics, Bariatrics, Pediatrics and Obstetrics programs, Virginia G. Piper Cancer Center, Scottsdale Clinical Research Institute
Scottsdale Healthcare Thompson Peak Hospital
- 64 bed community hospital, 24-hour general Emergency Department, Chest Pain Center, Orthopedics, General Surgery, Diagnostics and other services
For more information Scottsdale Healthcare visit http://www.shc.org.
Broadlane is the leading cost management company for healthcare providers. Broadlane's mission is to deliver and sustain exceptional improvements in the financial and operating performance of healthcare providers to afford them greater opportunity to achieve their missions. Its core services include supply chain management and clinical workforce management services.
Broadlane Workforce Management® addresses nurses, allied healthcare practitioners and non-clinical positions. This includes:
- E-commerce workforce exchange linking healthcare providers, clinical staff and agencies, enabling efficient shift management, fulfillment and reconciliation
- Internal shift management including electronic shift auctions
- External agency management services including strategic sourcing and ongoing vendor management
- Regional nurse float pool consulting and management
- International temp-to-perm nurse recruitment
- Locum Tenens services
Broadlane's clients include leading providers such as Advocate Health Care, Ascension Health, Beaumont Hospitals, CHRISTUS Health, Continuum Health Partners, Kaiser Permanente, Kindred Healthcare, MedCath Corporation, New Hanover Regional Medical Center, Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth Health System, Tenet Healthcare, The Health Alliance of Greater Cincinnati, US Oncology and UMass Memorial Health Care.
The company is headquartered in Dallas with offices in Cincinnati, Detroit, Houston, New York City and Oakland. For more information, visit http://www.broadlane.com.