We are thrilled to welcome TUHS as a new Broadlane client
Dallas, TX (Vocus) July 15, 2009
Broadlane announced today that Temple University Health System, Inc. (TUHS) in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania has selected Broadlane as its provider of supply chain management and procurement services in a three-year exclusive agreement to help manage its approximate $150 million in annual spending.
TUHS will access Broadlane's unparalleled national GPO portfolio of consumable supplies, equipment, pharmaceuticals and purchased services. Additionally, TUHS will utilize OnRamp® (Broadlane's client portal) to access contract and vendor information, run reports, view Broadlane news and information, and download training and continuing education.
"We were seeking ways to deliver safe, quality care to our patients while reducing operating costs. To that end, we conducted an in-depth search for the best supply chain cost management solution," said Sandy Gomberg, Interim Chief Executive Officer of Temple University Hospital, the Health System's flagship hospital. "Broadlane offered the winning combination of a superior contract portfolio and industry-leading supply chain services. We were seeking a customized solution to improve supply chain processes for our Health System. Broadlane's plan for a clinically-aligned supply chain was the answer."
Broadlane's full array of cost-management services includes:
- Contemporary Value Analysis Platform Services provided through The Preference Group®. The Preference Group can provide a customized approach to Value Analysis Team (VAT) effectiveness, based on conducting more than 2,000 committee meetings in 2008. The Preference Group facilitates meetings and coaches VATs to conduct effective meetings and provide comprehensive support for key drivers of success.
- BroadLink® (Broadlane's e-commerce exchange) will automate and manage transactions between TUHS facilities and suppliers electronically. The hospital can also manage purchase orders, purchase acknowledgements, advanced ship notifications, invoices and product and price updates through BroadLink.
- Transaction Management Services will increase TUHS' efficiency and lower its procurement-related expenses through Broadlane's National Procurement Center, a centralized operation in Dallas. For suppliers not supporting e-commerce, Broadlane will process orders via phone or fax, providing TUHS with "virtual electronic data interchange" (EDI) information on all orders - not just those processed via EDI - will return to TUHS electronically allowing consolidation of all transaction history. After TUHS' buyers release purchase orders via an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, Broadlane transaction specialists will determine the most efficient means to process those orders through BroadLink and will ensure that contracted products are priced correctly by suppliers. Under this unique program, Broadlane will manage the price discrepancy resolution process and subsequently provide benefits downstream to TUHS' accounts payable processes.
- Informatics for access to reports and to improve insight related to contracts, capital equipment, pharmacy and other key areas of spend management. Broadlane's informatics suite includes Sustainable, Transformational, Actionable Reports (S.T.A.R.) metrics reporting technology that benchmarks a provider's supply chain performance against goals, peers and best practices.
- Capital Equipment Services, including Live Group Buys and Quote Review where price, warranty and term information is verified for accuracy. Broadlane client hospitals historically save approximately 25 percent and up to three months of research and negotiation time through participation at Broadlane Live Group Buys.
- Pharmacy Services to receive best-in-class cost containment services without compromising clinical performance or patient care. Broadlane's comprehensive approach to managing pharmaceutical costs ensures that ongoing pharmacy management practices yield maximum financial benefits while improving therapeutic efficacy through clinical programs. One of these services includes full-service Price Verification, a seamless, automatic service that identifies transaction pricing errors and contract/tier disconnects on behalf of the customer and works with the wholesaler to ensure the appropriate credits and rebills are issued.
"We are thrilled to welcome TUHS as a new Broadlane client," said David Ricker, President and Chief Executive Officer, Broadlane. "Many healthcare providers are searching for ways to reduce operating costs in today's economic environment. Temple had very specific needs and sought innovative and effective cost-saving solutions. Each of our clients is unique, and we are so pleased that the custom supply chain solution we developed in conjunction with Temple will effectively meet their needs."
About Temple University Health System
Temple University Health System (TUHS) is a major academic medical center dedicated to providing quality, safe care to the residents of the greater Philadelphia region and beyond, educating the next generation of physician/scientists, and performing research that advances our understanding and treatment of disease and disabilities. Affiliated with Temple University School of Medicine, TUHS consists of Temple University Hospital, its flagship teaching hospital; Jeanes Hospital; Temple University Hospital - Episcopal campus; Northeastern Ambulatory Care Center; Temple Health System Transport Team; and Temple Physicians, Inc., a network of community-based physician practices. Temple University Health System is a proud and responsible member of the Philadelphia community. To learn more about TUHS, visit us at http://www.templehealth.org .
Broadlane is the leading cost management company for healthcare providers. Broadlane's mission is to deliver and sustain exceptional improvements in the financial and operating performance of healthcare providers to afford them greater opportunity to achieve their missions. Its core services include supply chain management and clinical workforce management services.
Broadlane's clients include leading providers such as Advocate Health Care, Ascension Health, Beaumont Hospitals, CHRISTUS Health, Continuum Health Partners, Kaiser Permanente, Kindred Healthcare, MedCath Corporation, New Hanover Regional Medical Center, Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth Health System, St. Luke's Episcopal Health System, Tenet Healthcare, The Health Alliance of Greater Cincinnati, US Oncology and UMass Memorial Health Care. The company is headquartered in Dallas with offices in Cincinnati, Detroit, Houston, New York City and Oakland. For more information, visit http://www.broadlane.com .