Dallas, TX (Vocus) September 25, 2008
Today Broadlane released a new case study detailing the value of its Live Group Buy event - "Saving Dollars and Days: Broadlane's Live Group Buy Saves Hospitals Time and Money on a New CT Scanner." Two Brim Healthcare hospitals each saved approximately 25 percent on a new computed tomography (CT) scanner at a Broadlane Live Group Buy.
"Live Group Buy events are completely different than what the industry commonly calls a group buy," said David Ricker, president and chief executive officer, Broadlane. "We encourage our clients to buy the best technology. Because we have a group of pre-committed buyers in the room, not only do they get the best technology, they get the best price. This happens because the Live Group Buy three-day process clearly defines each vendor's technology, warranty information and pricing to help our clients purchase the best capital equipment with the greatest economic value possible."
During a Live Group Buy event, participating clients determine and weight the criteria that will be used to evaluate the technology. Clients then rate each supplier's technology, identify key operational support components, participate in live negotiations and ultimately make the contract award. This client-driven, three-day process yields the desired results - the best available technology at the best value.
The Broadlane Live Group Buy consists of three parts:
1. Technology - each supplier is evaluated using specific criteria and scoring methods developed by the purchasing customers.
2. Service - service is evaluated separately using objective, measurable criteria established by the purchasing customers.
3. Total Cost of Ownership - Broadlane provides a financial analysis based on equipment, warranty and service costs, based on the depreciable life of the equipment as determined by the participating customers.
"Broadlane offers clients numerous ways to save money on supplies and capital equipment while helping improve patient care," said Ricker. "If hospitals knew how ideal this capital equipment purchasing process is, we believe they all would want to utilize Live Group Buys to procure capital equipment."
Visit http://www.broadlane.com/CT-casestudy.pdf to view the Broadlane Live Group Buy case study, "Saving Dollars and Days: Broadlane's Live Group Buy Saves Hospitals Time and Money on a New CT Scanner.''
If you are interested in attending a Broadlane Live Group Buy or have any other questions, please contact Patricia Coffey at 972.813.7520 or patricia.coffey @ broadlane.com.
Broadlane is the leading technology-oriented healthcare services company, reducing cost and creating operational efficiencies for thousands of acute care hospitals, ambulatory care facilities, physician practices and other healthcare providers in the United States. Its core services include supply chain management and clinical workforce management services.
Broadlane's comprehensive supply chain services include:
- Unparalleled national and custom contracting for supplies, pharmaceuticals, equipment and purchased services
- Innovative Procurement Services and purchase transaction management
- Clinical Services for managing clinical preference items and operating room and cath lab spending
- Comprehensive Materials Management Services - including outsourcing
- Informatics - benchmarking, advanced analytics and reporting
- Supply chain technology and e-commerce
Broadlane Workforce Management™ addresses nurses and allied healthcare practitioners and includes:
- External shift and agency management services
- Internal shift management, including electronic shift auctions
- Regional nurse float pool management and internal agency management
- E-commerce workforce exchange linking healthcare providers, clinical staff and agencies, enabling efficient shift management and fulfillment and reconciliation
The Preference Group™, a division of Broadlane, consults with healthcare facilities to help manage the cost of clinical items and processes. The Preference Group's specialized clinical programs include:
- Medication Use Management (MUM)
- Orthopedic Management Program
- Cardiovascular Management Program
- And many others
Broadlane's clients include leading providers such as Advocate Health Care, Ascension Health, Beaumont Hospitals, CHRISTUS Health, Continuum Health Partners, Kaiser Permanente, Kindred Healthcare, MedCath Corporation, New Hanover Regional Medical Center, Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth Health System, St. Luke's Episcopal Health System, Tenet Healthcare, The Health Alliance of Greater Cincinnati, US Oncology and UMass Memorial Health Care.
The company is headquartered in Dallas with offices in Cincinnati, Detroit, Houston, New York City and Oakland. For more information, visit http://www.broadlane.com.
Media Contact: Jim Webb
jim.webb @ broadlane.com