PerformanceWise is a product that meets a significant market demand by commercial properties seeking to achieve financial cost savings opportunities, gain operating efficiencies and generate additional marketing leverage to attract and retain tenants.
Moss Landing, CA (PRWEB) April 14, 2010
BuildingWise, LLC a recognized leader in sustainable consulting and LEED® certification announced today a new product, PerformanceWise(sm), that is designed to provide a fast analysis and quick payback for commercial property owners that are interested in pursuing energy efficiency improvements, cost savings and embarking on a sustainability program. The PerformanceWise product is an all-inclusive package that benchmarks a property or portfolio, identifies improvement opportunities and sets it on track for future retrofits or LEED certifications.
"PerformanceWise is a product that meets a significant market demand by commercial properties seeking to achieve financial cost savings opportunities, gain operating efficiencies and generate additional marketing leverage to attract and retain tenants," said Barry Giles, CEO of BuildingWise. "PerformanceWise utilizes our team of experts and gives commercial properties accurate analysis and actionable directives that immediately make an impact. Each category of upgrades and process improvements includes actual bids for work, expected paybacks and net present value analysis to help guide areas where low hanging fruit can be seized. In addition, PerformanceWise addresses concerns arising from an increasing number of government policies and legislation that will require proof of compliance."
PerformanceWise has been developed for fast turnaround and a clear path for improvements. The product has a flat rate price for up to 200,000 square feet and is focused on reducing operating costs and positioning the commercial property for future upgrades. The PerformanceWise process is comprised of an initial survey of the building operators, a one day visit from BuildingWise’s expert consultants, and an in-depth performance analysis package that is tailored for each client. The service has five components:
1) Efficiency Opportunity Report: This component of the report addresses energy and water use and provides an easy-to-read matrix of building improvements that provide a return based on financial criteria (a certain payback period, net present value, etc.). The calculations incorporate the actual cost of improvements, available rebates, estimated utility and maintenance savings along with other environmental returns, such as greenhouse gas emissions reductions.
2) Twelve Green Building Policies & Procedures: Based upon BuildingWise’s LEED consulting experience on over 13 million square feet of buildings, this detailed set of policies and procedures includes both the minute detail and the “big picture” vision. Ranging from alternative transportation to green cleaning policies, this suite of policies and procedures are required for world-class sustainable operations and fulfills the latest LEED for Existing Buildings’ policies and plans requirements.
3) Benchmarking Scorecard: A set of metrics that organizations can use for business purposes and in marketing materials showing the building’s key environmental performance indicators. It provides a baseline for comparing the building’s (or portfolio’s) efficiency and environmental improvements over time.
4) Energy Star Labeling: Also included are an engineering site visit and all paperwork to earn the EPA’s Energy Star for buildings.
5) 1-Year Check-up: One year after the project, BuildingWise will provide check-ups with PerformanceWise customers where an updated record of key data points will be established and provide information to generate new benchmark reports, highlighting improvements that can be reported to stakeholders.
Specifics of the report include the actual cost and an accurate bid for mechanical, electrical and plumbing work that fit the client’s financial criteria and might be necessary to achieve different levels of compliance or certifications such as LEED. The report also includes up-to-date information on financial incentives that are available from various utilities, municipalities, and city, state and federal agencies. Another section is dedicated to presenting current funding opportunities that might be available for commercial properties to undertake improvements such as power purchase agreements and grants.
PerformanceWise is a robust product that stands alone on its own and can quickly pay for itself several times over by improving operating efficiencies and reducing costs. For those wanting to expand the areas of analysis, additional components added at a discounted rate include a Solid Waste Audit, LEED Gap Analysis and Greenhouse Gas Emissions Inventory.
For detailed information about the new PerformanceWise product and learn more about BuildingWise see http://www.buildingwise.net
BuildingWise guides building owners, operators, and investors through a stringent LEED Certification process to design and construct new buildings or upgrade existing buildings to improve performance and reduce environmental impacts. With a proven methodology, BuildingWise navigates and leads businesses through a segmented approach that allows them to select areas with the greatest potential return on investment. In addition to LEED certification, BuildingWise offers analysis and consulting services developed to continually increase the value of green building and sustainable property management. This includes green operations training, carbon footprint analysis, energy audits and consulting for green building and retrofits. See http://www.BuildingWise.net for more information and a complete listing of products and services.
# # #