get the most out of your business trips
Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) October 18, 2011
With business travel being responsible for $246 billion in spending, according to U.S. Travel Association, CreditDonkey, a credit card comparison website, publishes a new infographic highlighting the win-win benefits to business travel.
Interesting facts and figures illustrated on the infographic include:
Typical Business Traveler:
- 16% are between 18-29 years old, while 10% are 60+ years old
- 53% have professional, managerial, or technical roles compared to 28% being sales or service workers
- 40% are women
- $76,100: average annual salary
- 5.4 trips per year
- 3.3 nights: typical length of a business trip
- 74% are less than 250 miles from point of departure
- 81% of trips are by personal vehicle compared to 16% by plane
- 102 miles, 816 miles: the median distance travel by car and plane
- 47%: business trips were to attend a meeting, trade show or convention
- 23%: fell asleep during a meeting
- 120 million frequent flyer members in the U.S.
- 11,363 frequent flyer miles: average active members earn each year
- 307,000 members: have earned 1 million or more miles
- 82% of rewards are redeemed
- 70% of rewards are used for hotel stays
- $246 billion in spending
- 2.3 million American jobs
- $12.50 in average increased revenue of every $1 invested in business travel
"Frequent flyers should shop around to compare airline credit cards to get the most out of their trips," said Charles Tran, founder of CreditDonkey. "With the value of miles ranging anywhere from 1 to 9 cents, our infographic will help you maximize your redemption potential."
Travelers can visit the folks at CreditDonkey, a credit card comparison website, to search for business travel credit cards before their next trip.
# # #