As colleagues with common goals, there’s no shortage of information to be shared given how complicated this industry can be.
Plymouth Meeting, PA (PRWEB) July 10, 2014
Strategic BCP®, a team of business continuity planning (BCP) and management specialists, has announced the availability of its new blog featuring expert content on the topics that help streamline BCP for enterprise resilience and that raise the profile and relevance of business continuity (BC) professionals across their organizations.
The blog acts as an open forum to share ideas that are driving and challenging BCM strategies today. Its content will be comprised of insights authored by Strategic BCP contributors and guest bloggers, tapping into the vast industry knowledge and experience as hands-on consultants and as managers of BC, disaster recovery (DR), and information technology (IT).
Topics will offer best practices, lessons learned, and real-world success examples. Current BCP software considerations, processes, and compliance standards will also be discussed.
Our bloggers currently include:
- Frank Perlmutter (CBCP, MBCI): Founder of Strategic BCP & Former DR/COOP (Continuity of Operations Planning) Manager for the U.S. Department of the Treasury
- Dave Olkowski (CBCP, MBCI): Senior Manager & Former BC Analyst at MBNA America Bank
- Cherie Taylor (CBCP): Senior Manager & Member of the Business Continuity Planners Association (BCPA) Board of Directors
- Chris Duffy (CISSP): Senior Manager & Former CIO at Peirce College in Philadelphia
“As colleagues with common goals, there’s no shortage of information to be shared given how complicated this industry can be,” says Kimberly Lawrence (ABCP), Vice President and Business Continuity Program Manager at Umpqua Bank (formerly with Sterling Bank before the merger). “Unbiased viewpoints from real practitioners can help both newcomers and even seasoned pros who are responsible for BC planning.”
Some recent posts include:
- The Best Experience a Business-Continuity Analyst Can Bring To The Table
- How to Find a Business Continuity (BC) Mentor if You’re in a Small Company
- Vendor Resilience: Are We Friends With Benefits or Are We in a Relationship?
- Qualifying and Quantifying the Cost of Disaster Recovery (DR)/BCP
To read additional posts, visit http://www.strategicbcp.com/blog.
About Strategic BCP
Strategic BCP® represents a team of business continuity management specialists who empower organizations of all sizes to build cost-effective, action-based plans that can be implemented immediately in the event of downtime. The company’s award-winning BCM software, ResilienceONE®, integrates risk assessment and management, BC plan development and maintenance, incident management, and compliance issues in one comprehensive easy-to-implement solution. It features proprietary algorithms and metrics that automate cumbersome tasks and provide comprehensive insight into an organization’s risk profile. Strategic BCP complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework.